6Y9 Fly-in

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
Hey, Ed. Which day is the main event?

I need to start collecting camping equipment... I have no idea what I truly *need*

I plan on leaving after work on Friday like I did last year.

me too. leah and i will launch friday and probably come back sunday or monday.

Hey, we got our own sub forum for this.

Would love to be able to make it up there Ed, but unfortunately, no grass field landings in the rental planes, and I know the wife wouldn't let me go unless she and the little pilot could come along (so no joyriding with someone else) :(

Would love to be able to make it up there Ed, but unfortunately, no grass field landings in the rental planes, and I know the wife wouldn't let me go unless she and the little pilot could come along (so no joyriding with someone else) :(

Really? Even though Benz has a grass strip? That's insane, an FBO with a grass strip, that won't let you land on a grass strip. Pinheads.

Well Lawingr depending on if i can get off and how much each of you weigh, i might be able to pick you up, Would have to pack light , but could be doable as long as Wx cooperates. Email me your phone number and i'll call you.
Dave G (VFR pilot only)
P.S. i have a PA28-161 warrior, so if you think it will work let me know,
I'm 198 Lbs.:blueplane:

Really? Even though Benz has a grass strip? That's insane, an FBO with a grass strip, that won't let you land on a grass strip. Pinheads.

You know, I never did quite figure that out, and I will check again just to make sure the policy hasn't changed. But, last time I talked with them, you were allowed to fly to the grass strip as long as you had one of their CFI's along and it was approved (i.e., Ionia). Apparently they view it more as an opportunity for a pilot to train, not to actually fly themselves to a grass strip.

Well Lawingr depending on if i can get off and how much each of you weigh, i might be able to pick you up, Would have to pack light , but could be doable as long as Wx cooperates. Email me your phone number and i'll call you.
Dave G (VFR pilot only)
P.S. i have a PA28-161 warrior, so if you think it will work let me know,
I'm 198 Lbs.:blueplane:
Dave,

Wow, thank you for the offer. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to lose the amount of weight necessary to make that work :redface:

All of us (including you) would not work in the Archer that I fly, so I figure it wouldn't work in a Warrior either. Thank you very much for the offer though, very kind and generous of you (and a reminder to me why I like flying and pilots so much! :D )

Mike

Back