6Y9 2015 Thank You!

JoeSelch

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
JoeSelch
Even though I landed several hours ago, I still haven't come down yet.

Brad, Diz & Ed - Thank you!
Not only for this year, but for 10 years of making this little slice of heaven available to pilots and for hosting the best damn fly-in.

Once again this year I was reminded that the stars in Texas have nothing on the stars in Michigan's upper peninsula, there's no way to distinguish new pilot friends from old, and the 6Y9 pilot shack really is the front porch of aviation (with the piano running a close second).

:) :) :)

For those who missed it, you have no idea. And you won't until you come experience 6Y9 for yourself.

We just got home too. Want to second Liz's thanks, not only to the Frederick's, but to Jane, Sue,Tommy, Bev, Tom, Don, Julie, Marv, Beth, Patti and all the others who help out there. We have a great time every year, and we absolutely love visiting.

It was GREAT to see everyone. (even with the aux, fuel pump failure and needing Day VFR only tp get home).

I just got back to home base, even had a little tailwind.
Thanks for the kind words but it's not a fly in/ drive in unless we have attendees. We want to thank all that made it by land and by air. Everybody pitched in to help with the chores. We met new friends welcomed old friends had some fun and spent time in the penalty box ( especially Tim M. and I)
Wx always plays a role in how these turn out we, had 13 aircraft a sedan and a very low flying RV ( not Van's)
Thank You all and especially Diz who is still there cleaning Up!
She makes it happen.

Adam, Don't you know by now that what happens in Sidnaw stays in Sidnaw? B)

It was GREAT to see everyone. (even with the aux, fuel pump failure and needing Day VFR only tp get home).

Bruce
Not everything that happens in Sidnaw stays in Sidnaw. You made it out ,the Seneca is not sitting there with grass growing around it.
Thanks for coming.
PS
You also get the trophy for most altitude gained over the field on takeoff, Seneca's and their pilots are awesome. You out did the Maule:yes:

Adam
You were this years photographer ,where were you, your camera and that good looking Bo of yours ?
Ooops ,that didn't sound good ,I guess what happens in Philly stays in Philly:nono:--------:rofl:

Adam
You were this years photographer ,where were you, your camera and that good looking Bo of yours ?
Ooops ,that didn't sound good ,I guess what happens in Philly stays in Philly:nono:--------:rofl:

Sadly I was sitting in Orlando airport after a grueling business trip waiting for a seriously delayed 757 to get me back to Philly :(

Back