6Y9 2013 Season

el con

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
The Flied Piper
The report from 6Y9 is that the snow has melted but it's still very wet. We plan to place cones on May 12th although it may not dry out enough to use. Ed put out a notam on this. It is not advised to land until we can check it out closer.
Stay tuned.
There is still snow in the forecast over the next couple of days ,a rollercoaster temp ride as today was 33 for a high,next wed forecast is for 81.:dunno:
For sure ready for the 8th annual Fly In on Laborday weekend:wink2:

Ahhh... even better than the first tulips of spring, the first 6Y9 condition report! :)

A better sign of spring arriving in the UP is hearing "Hey! black flies are out"
And you know it's summer when the mosquitos take over for the blackflies.
Grass mowing is about to begin, "I love the smell of diesel fuel in the morning":yes:

I don't mind mowing if I have the right equipment. Something bigger than a 5 foot deck. 15 maybe? :D

When I was in high school, I used a 6' bush hog on a 265 MF to knock down about 100 acres of wheat stubble. Apparently my grandad thought they had cut the wheat too high and we needed to knock it down before disc'ing it under. :dunno: I wasn't complaining - I was a 'weirdo' by high school standards.

When I was in high school, I used a 6' bush hog on a 265 MF to knock down about 100 acres of wheat stubble. Apparently my grandad thought they had cut the wheat too high and we needed to knock it down before disc'ing it under. :dunno: I wasn't complaining - I was a 'weirdo' by high school standards.

just by high school standards? :D:rofl:

I don't mind mowing if I have the right equipment. Something bigger than a 5 foot deck. 15 maybe? :D

We have choices of mowing decks at 6Y9
38"
6 ft.
10 ft.
14ft.
Oh yeah and a weed whip:wink2:

I worked the local farms all through HS as well. I remember cultivating 12 acres of field corn and then going for my Drivers lesson. Compared to cultivating driving was easy.

Of course that was so long ago Arnold the pig was watching a gas TV. Some of you will not get that.

I worked the local farms all through HS as well. I remember cultivating 12 acres of field corn and then going for my Drivers lesson. Compared to cultivating driving was easy.

Of course that was so long ago Arnold the pig was watching a gas TV. Some of you will not get that.

I watched it in syndication. :)

6Y9 Season is open.
The cones are out, the windsock up.
The east end is extremely wet with standing water. Fairly solid but would slow you down on take off.
Watch for Sand Hill Cranes as there were a pair on the run way.
Should be dried out for Memorial Week End if we don't get much more moisture.
Use caution for the next couple of weeks if you fly in.
We had about 1 1/2 in. of snow last weekend but it has melted.
Happy Air Trails

Thanks for the update!
Trying to figger a way to get my mom up... Having ideas about 6Y9

Thanks for the update. I tell California pilots about your airport all the time. In fact, it came up in conversation just this past Saturday!

Thanks for the update. I tell California pilots about your airport all the time. In fact, it came up in conversation just this past Saturday!

Hey,thanks for the promotion of 6Y9. Ya just don't know where the next visitor might come from although it is a bit of a journey from CA. You never know with aviation though:dunno:

Back