68C (Iola, Wi) Lunch Friday, Aug 27th.

Troska

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
I may try to make it to the Iola lunch this friday if anyone wants to join.

Friday, August 27, 2010
  • Country style BBQd ribs
  • Mashed potatoes & gravy
  • Turner's famous sweet corn on the cob
  • Bakery rolls, bread & butter
  • Cakes, pies, ice cream sundaes
  • Lemonade, coffee, milk
http://netnet.net/~wjknjan/index.html

I don't know why, but that field was a pain for me to find, even though I had it plugged in the GPS and it has 3 runways.

Hmm I got Friday Off I may have to go fly up....

Awww... I'm working on Friday. :( But, I have noticed (even being here for only a short time) that the PoA really does seem to like grass field airport fly-ins! :) I was lucky enough to be able to land at Iola for Sunday brunch once and it is well worth the grass field landing stress... a beautiful (and fun!) excuse to go fly!

101_1362.jpg

Hmmm... Got me thinking. Iola is a fun place! I'm working, but just maybe...

Oooh... I think I'm in. Haven't been to Iola in too long, since the PoA crew went!

Pete, I'll suggest to Mike that we just swing by SBM on the way back and pick up 71G rather than making a special ferry trip for it.

Dang, I can't make it because I have a presentation scheduled for Friday. Maybe the following Friday on the way up to 6Y9?

Dang, I can't make it because I have a presentation scheduled for Friday. Maybe the following Friday on the way up to 6Y9?

That's a thought. Winds are forecast to be 18 gusting 25 60degrees off my home runway this friday. That's outside of my comfort zone, but your idea sounds good.

Tim

I am not. Have to hold down the office all day.

I am not. Have to hold down the office all day.
Why is that? Is gravity forecasted to reverse itself today in Michigan? :D

Get some nails and secure that office securely to the floor and go fly!! I just wish I could joint you all. I have phyiscal therapy in about 15 minutes followed by a podiatrist visit, then drop off/pick up dry cleaning, go to get my allergy shot, pay the realestate taxes and get home by 1pm to wait for AT&T to install uVerse today. I hope that goes well and I get back online by this evening.

After AT&T successfully installs uVerse I will have HD and a much better Internet connection and will not be as BW limited as I have been for the past few months now that computing devices have quadrupled in my house.

Why is that? Is gravity forecasted to reverse itself today in Michigan? :D

Get some nails and secure that office securely to the floor and go fly!! I just wish I could joint you all. I have phyiscal therapy in about 15 minutes followed by a podiatrist visit, then drop off/pick up dry cleaning, go to get my allergy shot, pay the realestate taxes and get home by 1pm to wait for AT&T to install uVerse today. I hope that goes well and I get back online by this evening.

After AT&T successfully installs uVerse I will have HD and a much better Internet connection and will not be as BW limited as I have been for the past few months now that computing devices have quadrupled in my house.

Yuck, Scott... that is waay too many doctor's appointments all in one day. :( But, have fun with HD TV! :crazy: We just got that too and one of those flat panel TVs for the wall. And all of the new equipment came with THESE:

100_2855.jpg

:incazzato:

But, no fear... Christopher went and bought one of THESE fabulous looking things:

100_2856.jpg

And now tells me that this will replace ALL of those other ones pictured above. It has a TV screen of it's very OWN see that?? :goofy:Remember back in grade school when the best TV in the house was in a wood cabinet on legs and the remote was connected to it on a wire?? I can see this being an entire evening's project this weekend. Blahhhhhh.... I'll have to check and see what is downstairs in the wine 'fridge before we start. I have the feeling we are going to need it for the frustration level! :rolleyes2:

(Sorry abut the off-topic reply... wish I were having lunch at 68C today instead of working. The out the window weather check this morning looks delightful from here! :))

Last edited:
Well 68C is awesome as usual. BBQ pork sandwich, corn , and fixins.

Pete

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 5
Yuck, Scott... that is waay too many doctor's appointments all in one day.
Tell me about it. I was at the doc's office last night for 3 hours too. SIGH! When will modern technology come up with a back replacement??

Remember back in grade school when the best TV in the house was in a wood cabinet on legs and the remote was connected to it on a wire??)
My grandma had the ultrasonic sound bar remote from Zenith. But I was not allowed near it. I had the "nack' from an early age and would have dissected it to figure it out.

Our home TV was one of these:

attachment.php

You can see it in this picture of our very 1970's decorated living room

attachment.php

That is my dad sitting on the stool of the coolest yellow leather recliner ever! This picture was taken in 1976.

Yes the shag carpeting is avocado green and the drapes are brunt orange. The silver crushed velvet and chrome couch is out of the shot to the right.

But the TV never had any sort of remote. I had my own B&W Motorola portable TV in my bedroom. That was the one I watched the moon landings on.

Attachments

• white-pedestal-base-tv-768656.jpg
    white-pedestal-base-tv-768656.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 17250_1260465147073_1093011369_30680819_7996285_n.jpg
    17250_1260465147073_1093011369_30680819_7996285_n.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 34
Nah they go on until it snows, and even then people still drive in. It was a pretty good turnout today.

Well 68C is awesome as usual. BBQ pork sandwich, corn , and fixins.

Pete

Glad someone made it. I just got home from boating on the (St. Croix) river - and that was nutty enough. Called the local ASOS on the way home, and winds were 20G30 @ 200 - which is 70 off my home runway. There were some BIG rollers being blown upriver - and they would get magnified in the slow-no-wake narrows.

Tim

Kewl. Looks like there were not many people there? Is this the last one of the year?

The last one of the year is the one right before the week of Airventure. The first one of the year is the one the week after Airventure. Iola does the Friday noon lunch rain, shine, or snow, 51 weeks a year (for the other week, they relinquish the title of heaven to Oshkosh :D). And today was a great one! Yummy BBQ, mashed taters and gravy, sweet corn... Good stuff.

There was an experimental gyroplane, a pair of Ercoupes, a Super Cub and a Husky on amphib floats, a whole lot of Piper/Aeronca/Champion taildraggers, an ultralight, and even a few spam cans like ours. :)

We ran into Kate there (sounds like she's moving the CFIing to Appleton soon and the corporate 182 gig is going well), and Bob from our club showed up in a plane from his other club (182's in annual, we had one Archer, and the other Archer has been sold in preparation for the DA40's arrival). Had a nice chat with some folks we'd never met before, too. And oh yeah, the iPad is still a chick magnet. :rofl:

So, who's going next week on the way to 6Y9? :D

Last edited:
The last one of the year is the one right before the week of Airventure. The first one of the year is the one the week after Airventure. Iola does the Friday noon lunch rain, shine, or snow, 51 weeks a year (for the other week, they relinquish the title of heaven to Oshkosh :D). And today was a great one! Yummy BBQ, mashed taters and gravy, sweet corn... Good stuff.

There was an experimental gyroplane, a pair of Ercoupes, a Super Cub and a Husky on amphib floats, a whole lot of Piper/Aeronca/Champion taildraggers, an ultralight, and even a few spam cans like ours. :)

We ran into Kate there (sounds like she's moving the CFIing to Appyleton soon and the corporate 182 gig is going well), and Bob from our club showed up in a plane from his other club (182's in annual, we had one Archer, and the other Archer has been sold in preparation for the DA40's arrival). Had a nice chat with some folks we'd never met before, too. And oh yeah, the iPad is still a chick magnet. :rofl:

So, who's going next week on the way to 6Y9? :D
We are!

Back