Display name:
David
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Rough day.

David

Positive Psychology

Tell us all the good things that happened to you today.

LOL

I am ok. I am just having a day of frustration with life. I will get over it.

David

I think you should let us be the judge of that. :rolleyes: ;)

What has life dealt you that you needed to invoke the !@#$%^ symbol? It must be serious! :yes:

:lol:

Come on David! Confession is good for the soul. :nono:

David;
One of my favorite quotes from Gov. Huey P. Long:

From the day you're born
'till you ride in the Hearse
It ain't never so bad
that it couldn't be worse.

Chris

BTW; I think you mis-spelled ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

When used as a complex proadverbial you must match the number of H's with the number of exclamation marks unless it's followed by an inclusive adnoun.

Last edited:
Vent approved as requested. Maintain at or above current state of mind. Expect happier thoughts one zero minutes from now. Cleared into the Bravo (I just threw that in there cause I know getting cleared into the bravo puts a smile on my face). G'day.

Vent approved as requested. Maintain at or above current state of mind. Expect happier thoughts one zero minutes from now. Cleared into the Bravo (I just threw that in there cause I know getting cleared into the bravo puts a smile on my face). G'day.

Now that there is funny...:yes:

That was funny! Thanks for the laugh!

David

Bad day is gone. New day is here.

Just had some frustrations yesterday.

David

Bad day is gone. New day is here.

Just had some frustrations yesterday.

David

Glad to hear all is well.

Now we can guess what the problem was.....

Your twitter account was hacked?
You got busted for no seat belt?
Your prescription for medical marijuana ran out?
You lost your sunglasses?
Your fellow employee blamed you for something you did do?
You ate too much cheese?
Your Harley needs new tires?
You realize you are getting old?

You ate too much cheese?

Nope to all that, well, getting old anyways. LOL

Depressed over the Veteran's Day this and that company helping Vets get jobs BS when this Vet is stuck in a part-time, dead end crappy job and can't get any better. And a few job related issues that compounded my mood. And adding that it is almost a year since I got my Bachelor's Degree which is turning out to be worthless.

David

:

Depressed over the Veteran's Day this and that company helping Vets get jobs BS when this Vet is stuck in a part-time, dead end crappy job and can't get any better. And a few job related issues that compounded my mood. And adding that it is almost a year since I got my Bachelor's Degree which is turning out to be worthless.

David

First off count your blessings. You made it through your enlistment, and you are employed, have a roof over your head, drive a Harley and fly airplanes. Any day you can get up and put your feet on the ground and look in a mirror is a damn good day. And you are conversing with your buds on POA. ;)

You need to move to where the jobs are. ;)

Just look at Henning! :rofl:

What is your degree in, what do you like to do?

Last edited:
:goofy:

First off count your blessings. You are employed, have a roof over your head, drive a Harley and fly airplanes. Any day you can get up and put your feet on the ground and look in a mirror is a damn good day. And you are conversing with your buds on POA. ;)

You need to move to where the jobs are. ;)

Just look at Henning! :rofl:

What is your degree in, what do you like to do?

Living with Mother, I am 42. ugggghhhh

Harley is paid off, fly not much.

Degree is in Aviation Management. Bunch of jobs all over requiring years of airport experience. ridiculous, no training.

I do realize it could be worse. I could be in the Philippines.

David

Living with Mother, I am 42. ugggghhhh

Harley is paid off, fly not much.

Degree is in Aviation Management. Bunch of jobs all over requiring years of airport experience. ridiculous, no training.

David

You need to press the flesh. Get hired by someone looking for help at any airport. Just get your foot in the door and work your way up. Move if you have to. Don't take no for an answer.

Never, never ever give up. Ever. ;)

David

It could be worse. I recently read that one in three homeless people in Chicago is a veteran. That's a disgrace. We've got to do more. Even still, when opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Except for a very few fields, Bachelor's degrees are the present day equivalent of a high school diploma. We are participants in a gig economy whether we like it or not. Its time to think more creatively about being gamefully employed. Stay encouraged, my friend.

Hahaha

Hang in there ,never give up the dream. Go out to the airport and talk to everyone that works there. Never know you may end up with some referrals .

Hang in there ,never give up the dream. Go out to the airport and talk to everyone that works there. Never know you may end up with some referrals .

Most of the airports here are 9/11 fenced in and I do not have access. Makes it extremely difficult to do.

David

You need to press the flesh. Get hired by someone looking for help at any airport. Just get your foot in the door and work your way up. Move if you have to. Don't take no for an answer.

Never, never ever give up. Ever. ;)

Unfortunately, I mostly have given up. A person can only take so much rejection over a year or two. I cant' even get a job as a CFI again. I keep getting turned down or ignored.

I even jsut talked to the VP of flight training from Sporty's Academy this morning and by the end of the call I am sure he is not interested becaue I have not been teaching for 5 years for financial reasons.

The time of year also compounds the issue by making me despressed.

David

You ate too much cheese?

Lost his cell phone? That one causes major panic in many people.

Dan

@Dave - at least you have a useful degree. I have a degree in Criminal Justice. Which sounds good but when I graduated I found out it was useless since the school wasn't accredited. Fortunately all most places care about is I have a bachelor degree. My advice (which I know you didn't ask for) is to look for a place that requires a bachelor degree. You may need to learn how to type or some data entry but down in Columbus it's got to be easier then in Toledo!

Or you could ask the guy at Sporty's what you should do to become qualified again. Toledo is starting to pick up with several student pilots and our CFI's are about at max capacity (you can PM for more)

David

I am not a Vet, but many of us are in the same employment situation. Just another day in this screwed up country. I hope things go better.

Back