650 locked up

N747JB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John
Flew home from the beach today, fired up both engines, everything normal, I normally use the 750 for most everything, so my son was using the 650 for XM. Well, it wouldn't work except the nav and comm features, the touchscreen wouldn't do anything, no GPS, nothing. :dunno:
We messed with it for several minutes waiting to takeoff, we had lots of time, nothing. I finally shut it down via the avionics master and it came up again and worked great. Just a little frustrating.:confused: Not as frustrating as the guy in front of us who couldn't hear clearance delivery and wouldn't respond as I tried to relay his clearance, as 4 planes sat behind him burning fuel.:mad2: It's crowded getting out of DTS on Sundays in the summer, but when somebody is holding up the line it really sucks! :mad2:

Just consider it all as part of your noblesse oblige.:D
Flew home from the beach today, fired up both engines, everything normal, I normally use the 750 for most everything, so my son was using the 650 for XM. Well, it wouldn't work except the nav and comm features, the touchscreen wouldn't do anything, no GPS, nothing. :dunno:
We messed with it for several minutes waiting to takeoff, we had lots of time, nothing. I finally shut it down via the avionics master and it came up again and worked great. Just a little frustrating.:confused: Not as frustrating as the guy in front of us who couldn't hear clearance delivery and wouldn't respond as I tried to relay his clearance, as 4 planes sat behind him burning fuel.:mad2: It's crowded getting out of DTS on Sundays in the summer, but when somebody is holding up the line it really sucks! :mad2:

"Be the first one on your block to own the new..." :)

Back