61.63(c)(4) vs 61.129

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
I'm looking at getting the commercial, and got to reading the ever-so-clear FARs.

Does 61.63(c)(4) Need not meet the specified training time requirements prescribed by this part that apply to the pilot certificate for the aircraft class rating sought unless (non-applicable balloon vs airship comment)

"overrule" everything listed in 61.129?

If I read this correctly

If I were to get my commercial in a single first, then I only need to get signed off to take the commercial check ride in a multi. Or...

If I were to get my commercial in a multi first, then I only need to get signed off to take the commercial check ride in a single.

I don't need to worry about 5 hours of this and 2 hours of that, and 10 landings here except for the first commercial rating, correct ?

N2212R said:
I'm looking at getting the commercial, and got to reading the ever-so-clear FARs.

Does 61.63(c)(4) Need not meet the specified training time requirements prescribed by this part that apply to the pilot certificate for the aircraft class rating sought unless (non-applicable balloon vs airship comment)

If I read this correctly

If I were to get my commercial in a single first, then I only need to get signed off to take the commercial check ride in a multi. Or...

If I were to get my commercial in a multi first, then I only need to get signed off to take the commercial check ride in a single.

I don't need to worry about 5 hours of this and 2 hours of that, and 10 landings here except for the first commercial rating, correct ?

You read FAR speak quite well.

N2212R said:

If I read this correctly

Yep. I did multi commercial first and when I added single commercial I only needed the signoffs in my logbook, no "aeronautical experience" entries specific to the single. I also got to skip a lot of stuff in the PTS that are normally required for single commercial tests. There's a table in the PTS that shows what gets skipped.

lancefisher said:
Yep. I did multi commercial first and when I added single commercial I only needed the signoffs in my logbook, no "aeronautical experience" entries specific to the single. I also got to skip a lot of stuff in the PTS that are normally required for single commercial tests. There's a table in the PTS that shows what gets skipped.

I will probably get the ASEL-COM first, then go straight to Multi-IA-Com

Last edited:
Back