6 planes Sunday @ Sky Acres

MooneyJack

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Merritt
Crew - I have to heartily recommend Sky Acres near POUGHKEEPSIE, NY, just a bit East of the Hudson River. Our Sunday morning breakfast group at Quakertown (KUKT) have made several starts toward Sky Acres over the past couple of years but the trips were always aborted for weather or mechanical issues with one of the flight. Today all the planets were aligned - severe clear, reasonable winds at home - calm at 44N.

Six planes carrying a total of 12 folk (10 pilots, 2 guests) left UKT around 9am ... after a bit over an hour arrived at 44N - beautiful views - great restaurant - friendly people - lots of cool airplanes to see. There were a couple of VANS warbird replicas, a few canards, plus the usual assortment of Cessnas, Pipers, Mooneys, and Beechcrafts.

The folks at the restaurant pushed tables together and made it comfortable for all 12 of us. The waitresses were cute and competent (although the girl waiting on my side didn't even KNOW what grits were.

On the flight home to SE Pennsylvania we had the benefit of the 30kt tailwind that we bucked on the trip up. My near-40 yr old Mooney was pushing 187kt over the ground! Home and in the hanger by 12:30pm.

A great trip! ...\ jack

www.airnav.com/airport/44N

Yep, was one of my favorite Sunday morning jaunts when I lived in CT.

Back