.6 in the logbook!!!

vleasher

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
vleasher
First lesson/time in a GA aircraft! Things when really well minus grabbing the yoke to steer during taxi. Got to do everything minus the landing do to winds gusting to 20kts+. Damn Hurricane.. lol Great day!

...minus grabbing the yoke to steer during taxi.

Yeah, none of us EVER do that.......! ;)

Have a lot of fun and don't stop! Get that ticket and its yours for life.

Thanks all! Can't wait to go up again! I'll be accepting donations to my paypal account being my 9 & 2 yr old spend my money! lol

Sent from my EVO4G

Congrats!

You'll get another laugh when the muscle memory kicks in and you look for the shutdown checklist in your car. :)

minus grabbing the yoke to steer during taxi.

Anyone who tells you they didn't do the same on their first lesson is a damned liar!

Congrats...eagerly awaiting your write-up of your first solo...:D

Anyone who tells you they didn't do the same on their first lesson is a damned liar!

Congrats...eagerly awaiting your write-up of your first solo...:D

I guess I'm a liar.

I honestly don't remember... it was a while ago. I do remember trying to coordinate turns on the ground, though... rudder and yoke!

can't say I ever did that either.

did have some trouble with the climb into / dive away thing at first!

This is the kind of stuff that makes POA interesting, the very first lesson then the story as it goes all the way to the ticket. Congratulations on that first step. If you can, try to fill us in with your progress with every flight.

It will not only make for some interesting reading, but will also serve as a back up record of your progress. Bad things can happen, like losing a log book a week before a check ride. The more records you have, the better.

Also, fill us in a little info about yourself, where your located, how old are you, why you decided to take up flying, etc. This makes for more interesting reading when we know a little about the author.

Anyway, good on you, your on your way.

John

John is right. Being the chatty guy that I am on forums, I started a thread that now has 11 pages. It begins at the point when I was trying to find a tailwheel instructor out here in the boonies and will go all the way through my tailwheel solo and then my check ride. I plan on starting another similar thread when I start my Instrument training.

All through the thread I have gotten comments and suggestions that have been invaluable, and as John says, it serves as great information for myself when I go back through it. It serves as a diary of the experience.

Doc

Congratulations!

So... where do you fly out of, and what plane are you flying?

-Skip

Congrats! Keep a journal of your lessons. You'll look back later and smile.

Sorry to leave everyone hanging but I've been spending the majority of my time working or at the hospital with my daughter who is having a longer than normal recovery from a surgery. Within the next week I should be able to put together some answers to your questions and a general Bio. Thanks again!

Welcome to the first half hour of the rest of your life.

Ok now that life has calmed down a bit. I'm a 31yr old married father of two from southwestern Pennsylvania. I have had an interest in aviation from a very young age as you can see from my avatar of me at 4yrs old standing next to a twin. Growing up my family never had to means to fly or travel fro that matter so aviation was always a distant dream. Fast forward to today. I by no means have the extra cash laying around to peruse this endeavor in a very speedy manor but am going to attempt to take 3-4 lessons a month as finances allow. I know there are some downfalls of training this way but I believe i can go from lesson to lesson with minimal loss. The flight school is located at KLBE and primary use a Piper PA-28-140 as their trainer. I believe their Piper Sport has been pulled from the rotation due to multiple mechanical issues. My 250lb frame fits well in the 140 and it flies well. http://flic.kr/p/ahwwTm Over all he first flight was a joy and hoping to get back into the 140 ASAP. http://flic.kr/p/ahwyNS

Congratulations!

Too bad about the CRUZ (PiperSport). I have a lot of time in various iterations of that aircraft, and it is hands down my favorite LSA (I've even done an 8 hour+ non-stop in it).

Congratulations on starting your training. I would love to read your story, as Doc said earlier, in some type of ongoing thread which tracks each lesson.

Kimberly

Congrats! That was such an an exciting entry into my logbook. It's only just begun my friend, enjoy!

Congrats & welcome,enjoy the joy of flying. Would like to help you out but still paying for collegex2 and a wedding.

Ah the old steering wheel mix up ;) I did the same thing my first two flights...

Not as bad as trying to steer the truck with my feet.:no::no::no:

Or pulling back on the steering wheel and applying full throttle when someone pulls out in front of you on the pavement.

Two-footed braking doesn't work well either.

Hell, it took me into my second or maybe third lesson before I stopped trying to steer the plane on the ground with the yoke. Not scared to admit it, old habits die hard.

Congrats on starting your training! "It changes everything"

luckily, my instructor only had to laugh one time at me saying "92J turning left final, rwy 23".

This is the kind of stuff that makes POA interesting, the very first lesson then the story as it goes all the way to the ticket. Congratulations on that first step. If you can, try to fill us in with your progress with every flight.

Absolutely and to add, I did a diary of my primary training. I have an entry from EVERY flight I did, documenting how the flight went, what I learned today, my triumphs and frustrations, and what I thought I accomplished after each lesson. It's actually fun to go back and read it from time to time.

It will not only make for some interesting reading, but will also serve as a back up record of your progress. Bad things can happen, like losing a log book a week before a check ride. The more records you have, the better.

I took pictures of my logbook pages and emailed them to myself. Every 2-3 entries I take another pic to keep my records updated.

Back