5343P

Monpilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Monpilot
Well, so far neither my gf nor my brother have expressed the appropriate level of awe that I feel for this tidbit of news.

I was clearing out my papers and got to the box labeled 1992 where I found my receipts for my first discovery flight and few hours of flight training.

Due to several issues I only took around 5 hours of flight training in 1992 then dropped it up until a couple of years ago.

My first discovery flight was in August 1992 at Andrau (AAP). I received my PPL in August 2013 at Weiser (EYQ).

Aside from the month, what else doe they have in common?

Both my discovery flight and my check ride were in 5343P!

It's a sign I should buy 5343P

It's a sign that the fleet is getting older,but still functions. I'm not sure I would want to buy an airplane I did my training in. How did you like the prices on the receipts?

Did you eat at Carls both times, and check the prices.

I think it especially interesting,
I would wonder
How many hours inbetween
What maintenance like engine replace/overhaul etc inbetween

That's just, I'd fly with you. I'll meet you at Weiser and we can go, same plane or two and go to LBX.

A 1980s C-152, could be a good plane. If its spent it's whole life in training it could be a very high time airframe. It's still registered in Texas.

Aw, man, I miss Andrau. Wish it was still there. It was a fine plane-watching airport.

A half hour discovery flight cost me $21.65

In hindsight I should have pushed through and gotten my ppl back then. $21.65 in 1991 dollars is like $2,000.00 now. ;)

And it's a shame Andrau isn't there. I used to think how far it was to drive 10 minutes to get there and now it takes 30 minutes to get to TME

5343P did a stop at TME yesterday. Buying it is still a tickle in y brain but that money could go towards a really useful plane sometime.

Aw, man, I miss Andrau. Wish it was still there. It was a fine plane-watching airport.

The little parking area near the threshold of 16 was a perfect place to enjoy one of my favorite pastimes.

It was also fun to just walk around...in the early 80's there were some nice corporate aircraft based there and no one seemed to mind sightseers.

Back