50's Cafe in Cameron

JCranford

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
JCranford
To revive an old topic, my wife and I flew to Cameron to eat at the 50's Cafe on Sunday. When I was on final to land and saw the fire truck rolling down the ramp, my first thought was 'Oh, theyve seen me fly before!', but turns out they were just using the ramp for fire truck driving practice.

The cafe is a short walk from the airport. Nice and friendly place. Excellent tasting burger. The patty could have been a little bigger since they use a huge bun, but overall very satisfied!

I was going to fly over and see if Jack was playing in his hanger but had to get home and do some chores.

We'll go back there and would recommend the flight to others.

I flew over on Saturday and they were doing the same thing! Did you watch the truck? It had these massive arms with small wheels that it would lower quickly, pickup the whole back of the truck and the truck would roll sideways! The first time I watched it, I didn't see the wheels come down, I just saw the backend of truck skidding sideways and I thought wow, he wasn't going very fast to have done that!

I piddled around the hangar some, but had an air-to-air shoot to do with some friends who set some world records recently in a gyro.

To revive an old topic, my wife and I flew to Cameron to eat at the 50's Cafe on Sunday. When I was on final to land and saw the fire truck rolling down the ramp, my first thought was 'Oh, theyve seen me fly before!', but turns out they were just using the ramp for fire truck driving practice.

The cafe is a short walk from the airport. Nice and friendly place. Excellent tasting burger. The patty could have been a little bigger since they use a huge bun, but overall very satisfied!

I was going to fly over and see if Jack was playing in his hanger but had to get home and do some chores.

We'll go back there and would recommend the flight to others.

It occurred to me the other day, the 1980's are as far past now as the 1950's were in the 80's.:lol: Time to open a 1980's style diner.:yes::lol:

It occurred to me the other day, the 1980's are as far past now as the 1950's were in the 80's.:lol: Time to open a 1980's style diner.:yes::lol:
With what? Waitresses dressed like Madonna? Big hair band boys wearing satin spandex pants cooking?

Um, no.

With what? Waitresses dressed like Madonna? Big hair band boys wearing satin spandex pants cooking?

Um, no.

:idea:Hire ragged out looking older women as waitresses tell everyone they famous hairband members.:yikes::rofl:

Like the one in Back to The Future.

We almost made it to Cameron on Sunday but ultimately did not. :(
But yes, their food is great, service excellent and the burger is to die for, seriously.
FWIW, do NOT order the "double" because the "1/4lb patty" note on the menu is a lie, the burgers are morelike 1/2lb patty. So if you order a double, call a cardiologist to put the OR on stby for your quadruple bypass within an hour. :)

We should do a fly-in there again. Talk to Shane to organize it, though, he know the owner.

Back