50s and 60s N/A

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Music-wise, if y'all ever get a chance to see a show, Forever Plaid, do it. Below is a short review I wrote for a production which I saw at The Opera House of Boothbay Harbor.

" The Opera House is again presenting top-notch entertainment. "Forever Plaid" is an absolute delight in refreshing memories of music we heard in the 50s and 60s. Scott McGowan directs and performs with John Anker Bow, Michael Hopewell, and Kevin McDaniel.

Anyone who remembers Perry Como, Harry Belafonte, Tennessee Ernie Ford, the various male quartets and other songsters of our younger years, will thoroughly enjoy the music(and antics) of these four gentlemen.

Musical direction/accompaniment is by Kevin Kiley with Joshua King on the upright bass. One might say that it's sinful for six professionals to have so much fun while at work. In Forever Plaid the fun slides right off the stage in the intimate theater setting and loads "Sixteen Tons" of entertainment into an audience which, on opening night, laughed, foot-tapped, and was very generous with extended applause. And applause is due management of The Opera House for its continuance of this entertainment facility."

The show is based around vocal group who were on their way to a performance and died in an automobile crash. Now, they're "up there" and get together to create what would have been their performance. Excellent writing and choreography. Yes, I had a front row seat.

HR

Attachments

• Forever Plaid Cast.jpg
    Forever Plaid Cast.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 13
LOL- I mixed audio for a run of that show once... I had "Perfidia" and "Catch a Falling Star" stuck in my head for months. :rolleyes:

Back