500 lbs of explosives and 37 minutes....

Pretty cool. Thats so big that in a few years, once the sealife grows on it, diving down to the flight deck will seem like diving to the ocean bottom at 129 ft.

May she rest in peace. May all who served on her always have fair winds and following seas. Thank you to all who served on Oriskany

That makes a nice reef,but Recreational diving is only good to 120 feet, so i guess that with my Advanced open water cert. i'll never get to go there. Wish they would have put it shallower.
Dave G. OW,AOP,NO2,Dry suit Cert.

Shipoke said:
That makes a nice reef,but Recreational diving is only good to 120 feet, so i guess that with my Advanced open water cert. i'll never get to go there. Wish they would have put it shallower.
Dave G. OW,AOP,NO2,Dry suit Cert.
What is NO2? Do you mean Nitrox??

Rec diving actually has a limit for no stop of 130 feet, 60feet for OW certified divers, 100 for people with extra training and 130ft for those with a little more training. Of course there are no underwater police making sure you adhere to these limits.

Further more still in the recreational theme deeper technical diving is very popular and with a lot more training, equipment and experience depths to 300 feet are possible and not at all rare.

Scott
PADI Master Instructor 150972
NSS-CDS Cave Diver
EFR Instructor
and a whole buch of dive specialities

Back