500 club

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
I departed Williamsport, PA late on Oct. 2nd with Mike and Kate for the last leg to AOPA Expo with 498.3 hours in the logbook, and landed at 4B8 2.1 hours later as a member of the "500 club." Cool.

After the 9-hour return trip, I now have 509.4 in the book. :goofy:

Congrats Kent - now you can be compensated for charity flights as a private pilot.

Cheers to you!!
You're a safe pilot now. Nothing can ever hurt you. :yes:;):D

I departed Williamsport, PA late on Oct. 2nd with Mike and Kate for the last leg to AOPA Expo with 498.3 hours in the logbook, and landed at 4B8 2.1 hours later as a member of the "500 club." Cool.

After the 9-hour return trip, I now have 509.4 in the book. :goofy:

Cool Kent!

I think I posted here as well when I hit 500. Now I'm pushing 300 in rotorcraft. Sometime before I hit 500 in helicopters, I'll have more rotorcraft hours than fixed-wing :D

Edited: I just looked in my logbook. I hit 500 total time in a dual test prep flight in our R22 a week before my PP-RH checkride! Musta been a magic number -- I passed with no deficiencies!

Last edited:
Its a great milestone Kent. You'll probably find that you meet many more insurance companies requirements for borrowing folks planes now.

I thought you were going to boast a batting average. :)

Congrats on the milestone!

I just crossed 400 this weekend in the Glider.....

Pete

WAHOO!!

Actually that's where I went when I broke 500 hours. Wanted it to be memorable and what is more memorable than 'Wahoo traffic, Cessna 12H 20 SE landing, WAHOO!"

It didn't take much to entertain me in those days. Matter of fact, it still doesn't.

That's a fun one to put in the log book, isn't it? I hit 499.9 on the ground in Islip, NY, and had 501.0 by the time I got back to Boston. I'm just about to hit 500hrs turbine...now if only any of that was PIC time.

Just DO NOT go near a calculator and multiply your hourly cost times 500!:eek:

Back