50 Airports to have 5G buffer zones.

No vaccinated individual allowed in these areas?

Just asking. Could cell towers in the vicinity of airports be restricted to the original, non interfering frequencies? If they are in use elsewhere, the 5G carriers should get their checkbooks out and add a few more zeros.
Related to this: Notams have been issued from time to time that GPS signals may have interference in this area. The coordinates given plot out to south of Eglin AFB KVPS. KVPS is the home of the USAF Armament Test Center. The Center tests most of the munitions that are in use. Some of these use GPS to improve accuracy. As a tax payer, I insist on top performance. It is rumored that some adversaries may cobble up a cheap jammer for use at their high value targets. Perhaps this might be related to the Notams. I noticed that one of last year's included a statement that if users were suddenly in over their head, they may contact "Wolfcall" on a VHF frequency. They may request a temporary shut down of the source of interference. I recall that call sign way back in the late 70's when my military duties involved flight in the Eglin restricted area. Wolfcall was Range Control and was co-located in the same room as Approach Control.
ATC should have a similar "Shut Down Switch" handy to deal with any 5G interference PIREPs. Let the 5G operators deal with it.

I just got a text from ALPA. The AD and flight restrictions, FOM changes. Should be an interesting time. Especially with the weather expected in the next few days. Another one of those "Glad I'm Retired" moments.

Back