5 Planes for Sale (New Edition)

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Since @calberto has moved on to better and brighter future, I've decided to carry on .
This is my first attempt.

5 Planes for sale that had propstrikes or are well beyond TBO

This first one's a doozie. At only 36,000 hours, it will give years of pleasure. You can convert it into a piece of lawn art or maybe some sort of airplane themed buffet. Buy it now. It won't last long.
Meaning, it may actually dissolve back to dust soon.
https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...&model=207&listing_id=2314803&s-type=aircraft

This here is a snow plane and with only 77 hours on the engine, you can't afford not to buy it. It was a bo but converted to a snow bo. It is so badly desired, in one of the fore sale pics, you can see a guy checking it out. Thats how hot the market is for these things
https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...35+BONANZA&listing_id=2308754&s-type=aircraft

This little gem has only had 1 propstrike. Those are great stats and it has had "almost an overhaul" Someone has almost done all the hard work for you. You can't pay to get work almost done like this these days. The length of the ad also tells you this is a great deal. Almost
https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...+CENTURION&listing_id=2315569&s-type=aircraft

Now at 18000 hours, one photo is all you need. Seller was going to take more photos but the plane would probably sell before he got the 2nd photo took. The paint alone takes off 10,000 hours. Get her while she's hot!
https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...=ARCHER+II&listing_id=2306900&s-type=aircraft

Now this one here is already sold! That's how desirable it is!
You know a plane that has already sold is hot hot hot. Bring some cash to the new owner and take it off his hands. When you buy it from him he will then know he really bought a desirable airplane!!! You will both be confident you got the best selling plane around!
https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...l=M-5-235C&listing_id=2310104&s-type=aircraft

Stay tuned for nest week's
"5 Planes with pretty serious corrosion"

Don't you ever sleep?
How DO you find the time?

@DavidWhite probably flew that 207

Don't know about David, but I have a bit of time in that one. I can confirm it was an old Yute Air bird.

The first one, the 207, I have flown up in Alaska. I think it was yellow at the time. I am sure it has no damage history....it was a cherry.

BTW... It was brown when I flew it. Similar to the paint job of the 207 I linked to in the next post. I think that was the 2nd plane they painted blue. They had a minor issue with that color. It seems that it looked so much like an Alaska State Trooper plane, that villagers avoided the ramp when they landed.

Last edited:
I clicked on the link to show more aircraft by the seller. He has 4 207's for sale. I've flown all of them. If I had a hundred grand or so to restore them, I'd be jumping all over one or more of them. I loved the 207!!!

This one was my favorite...

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...&model=207&listing_id=2314817&s-type=aircraft

How about that....the only one I do not find in my log book is 6470H. 1704U was yellow when I flew it, and so was 755AB. All were at Yute Air and in Bethel. That was when the company was owned by Will Johnson. He still owes me 3000 bucks that I'll never be able to collect. I was in Bethel from February 98 until December 98. I left when the paycheck was no good for the second time. None of the planes had Capstone or a GPS in them at the time. They were barely legal for VFR flying, yet we flew them in snow, fog and ice, and those strange SVFR trying to get into Bethel. And in the same conditions at night.

I have a few fond memories flying the sleds. Mostly bad memories.....:lol::lol:

Thanks for the list,that’s a whole new direction.

How about that....the only one I do not find in my log book is 6470H. 1704U was yellow when I flew it, and so was 755AB. All were at Yute Air and in Bethel. That was when the company was owned by Will Johnson. He still owes me 3000 bucks that I'll never be able to collect. I was in Bethel from February 98 until December 98. I left when the paycheck was no good for the second time. None of the planes had Capstone or a GPS in them at the time. They were barely legal for VFR flying, yet we flew them in snow, fog and ice, and those strange SVFR trying to get into Bethel. And in the same conditions at night.

I have a few fond memories flying the sleds. Mostly bad memories.....:lol::lol:

We didn't miss each other by much. I got there in Sept 99 and left Sept 04. Went through a Chapter 7, three different owners and two shutdowns, which led to the different owners. Will was the first one, then it was Flight International and Dave Sandlin (a guy I will never work for again), then Tim Votis (the one that knew he was going to shut down months, or maybe years, out and didn't say a word to his employees so they wouldn't leave).

70H was a Kotz bird, which is why you never got to fly it. I liked flying out of Kotz A LOT more than flying out of Bethel. Things did improve in the Bethel area when the Capstone program started up. New runways, approaches added, AWOS install, lights, etc. But the FAA did an airspace grab in the process and the 14.5k Class G pretty much disappeared.

I liked flying out of Kotz A LOT more than flying out of Bethel

I enjoyed Kotz, I spent almost 4 years there with Cape Smythe. I left before it was bought out by Frontier, which as you know became part of the Ravn family.

When I announced that I was leaving, Bering Air was interested in keeping me there, but I needed to get out of Alaska. The feds were circling Cape Smythe waiting to pounce on anything that they could get their claws on. And I needed to prove to myself that I could fly elsewhere.

Wow. I can't believe you stayed with Yute for 5 years. They usually fired people soon after the one year mark. When I was there we were told we were not wanted past one year. They wanted pilots out to keep the payroll low. Starting pay was 30 bucks a flight hour.

Wow. I can't believe you stayed with Yute for 5 years. They usually fired people soon after the one year mark. When I was there we were told we were not wanted past one year. They wanted pilots out to keep the payroll low. Starting pay was 30 bucks a flight hour.

I think I got $28 for the first 30 days, then it went up to $30. When I left I was making $50.

Ron Dudley was chief pilot/DO when I showed up. He seemed to be more about retention of good people, rather than moving them out. Ron was definitely good people. Still is, but he retired several years ago, before David White got there.

Ron Dudley helped me out a lot after I left. I used to visit with him everytime I went to Anchorage, but I lost touch with him after he retired.

I was in King Salmon filling in for a guy there that had surgery. Ron came with me to show me the area for a day. Our first trip was going to Pilot Point. Ron said he will check the fuel if I did the rest of the pre-flight.

We made the trip there just fine, Ron showed me a few interesting spots to look at. On the way back, after I set up for cruise, I decided to switch tanks. About 10 minutes after switching tanks the engine quit. Hmmmmm.... Ok, so I went through the flow, switch tanks, etc..... The engine came back to life. I Looked at Ron and he suggested reducing power. I did and Ron started leaning. I mean he leaned the mixture until it barely ran.

We made it back to King Salmon, and Ron just sat there. He kept muttering, "I swear there was enough fuel..."

I picked on him for years on that... he would just shake his head and repeat, "I swear there was enough fuel in that tank"..... :lol::lol:

He kept muttering, "I swear there was enough fuel..."

I picked on him for years on that... he would just shake his head and repeat, "I swear there was enough fuel in that tank"..... :lol::lol:

What'd he do, just look at the wing and figure it had enough fuel? :dunno: :rofl:

Ron Dudley helped me out a lot after I left. I used to visit with him everytime I went to Anchorage, but I lost touch with him after he retired.

I was in King Salmon filling in for a guy there that had surgery. Ron came with me to show me the area for a day. Our first trip was going to Pilot Point. Ron said he will check the fuel if I did the rest of the pre-flight.

We made the trip there just fine, Ron showed me a few interesting spots to look at. On the way back, after I set up for cruise, I decided to switch tanks. About 10 minutes after switching tanks the engine quit. Hmmmmm.... Ok, so I went through the flow, switch tanks, etc..... The engine came back to life. I Looked at Ron and he suggested reducing power. I did and Ron started leaning. I mean he leaned the mixture until it barely ran.

We made it back to King Salmon, and Ron just sat there. He kept muttering, "I swear there was enough fuel..."

I spent a summer (2000) in King Salmon and loved it!!

You incident wasn't in a Cherokee 6 was it?

He decided to get me checked out in the 6 one day, so he flew it to King Salmon and we did the checkride and IOE stuff over a couple of days. He kept asking me how one would know how much fuel was in the tip tanks. So, I decided to run it dry and top it off when we got to King Salmon. It was a great plan. It was even greater that I neglected to tell him that's what I was going to do. And he was napping when the engine sputtered. The look on his face was awesome!!! Thought I gave the poor guy a heart attack! However, when we filled the tank, Ron was convinced that it would hold every drop that the book said it would.

That 6 ended being sold to Slezak (misspelling is intentional) a couple months later, so after Ron signed me off I never flew it again.

Oh yeah, he popped the door on my checkride to see what I would do. I kept flying the plane and all was well. Of course, he was a little chagrined that he couldn't close the door again, so we ended having to do a full stop landing, rather than a touch and go, so he could close the door.

I spent a summer (2000) in King Salmon and loved it!!

You incident wasn't in a Cherokee 6 was it?

He decided to get me checked out in the 6 one day, so he flew it to King Salmon and we did the checkride and IOE stuff over a couple of days. He kept asking me how one would know how much fuel was in the tip tanks. So, I decided to run it dry and top it off when we got to King Salmon. It was a great plan. It was even greater that I neglected to tell him that's what I was going to do. And he was napping when the engine sputtered. The look on his face was awesome!!! Thought I gave the poor guy a heart attack! However, when we filled the tank, Ron was convinced that it would hold every drop that the book said it would.

That 6 ended being sold to Slezak (misspelling is intentional) a couple months later, so after Ron signed me off I never flew it again.

That is funny, and sounds like Ron..!!

No, we were in a sled when the tank went dry.

I know exactly who Slezak is.

King Salmon was nice, I would have liked to spend more time there. Nice to sit down in a decent (for Alaska) restaurant and have a beer with dinner.

It would be so easy to add to that list. Just a quick glance will find a bunch of planes for sale well over $100k with the best 1960s avionics and high time engines.

94U and I almost had a date with destiny off tununak one muddy spring day. All of those airplanes had their own personalities. I miss it every day.

By the way, the primer colored left aileron was installed in 2014. I was the pilot flying it when they replaced it. Paint is expensive I guess.

Back