5 more years of flying

Challenged

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Challenged
I passed my FAA medical, giving me five more years of joyous flying. Hooray! I don't visit the doctor as often as I should, but it was actually very reassuring to get good feedback on my overall health, plus it's always nice to talk to a fellow pilot.

Stated differently, it allows you to legally start your next flight. Everything after that is contingent on many other factors.:wink2:

I passed my FAA medical, giving me five more years of joyous flying. Hooray! I don't visit the doctor as often as I should, but it was actually very reassuring to get good feedback on my overall health, plus it's always nice to talk to a fellow pilot.

Well, I take it two years at a time. September it was the Medical. Today was the Flight Review and I am good to go spend money now! Feels good. I was just a few days from the expiration of my 90 day currency, too.

-Skip

How does that equate to 5 years? Third class medical is good for 3 if you are a young whipper-snapper, otherwise - 2. SI is good for 6 but requires an annual AME visit.

I remember when they were 3 years also, if it makes you feel any better. Hehehe. Been 5 for a while now.

I keeping kicking myself for not getting a class 2. Now I have to go back within a year rather than leaving it alone for 5 years! Congrats on passing, it's always a relief even when you're in good health.

I keeping kicking myself for not getting a class 2. Now I have to go back within a year rather than leaving it alone for 5 years! Congrats on passing, it's always a relief even when you're in good health.

Why?

I believe Doc Bruce will give the sage advice of only getting the Class you require. Anything else can trigger things that are Not Good(TM).

And never ever walk into the AME's office to get anything unless you know it's a slam dunk.

Why?

I believe Doc Bruce will give the sage advice of only getting the Class you require. Anything else can trigger things that are Not Good(TM).

And never ever walk into the AME's office to get anything unless you know it's a slam dunk.

Because when I got my 3rd class, on Jan 30th (DUMB!) I didn't know I was going to go for my Commercial. So by that time in 2013, I'll need a Class 2.

Because when I got my 3rd class, on Jan 30th (DUMB!) I didn't know I was going to go for my Commercial. So by that time in 2013, I'll need a Class 2.

Don't need Class 2 to "go" for your Commercial. Only need Class 2 to "use" a Commercial.

Back