5 More Chemo Treatments to go!!

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I got a text message from my sister today that made me very happy! My niece had pneumonia last week (for those who don't know, she has Leukemia), and we were all very worried about it.

She fought off the illness on her own, and afterwards, her white blood cell count was normal! The text message I got from my sister read:

"She is doing great. We are doing chemo today. 5 more to go after today!!"

Of course, my understanding is that for a long time, she'll still have to go to the doctor to get checked from time to time, but the good news is that she'll slowly start getting back to a normal childhood, only a few years after everything went to hell!

Now the question in my mind is how she'll adapt to normal childhood, having missed the years between 5 and almost 8....

Nick,
Truly excellent news. As far as adapting, that's what 8 year olds do. It's us weatherbeaten old folks that can't take change. Please keep us posted.

Thats awesome Nick! Its been a bit of a haul but we were all pulling for Erin as you know. Here is to a great future!!

That is good to hear. I would hazard a guess that she will do just fine adapting and probably be better adapted than most kids her age. She did, after all, have to face some grown up stuff pretty early on.

That is wonderful news, Nick. The progress being made with Cancer is amazing today. My father is a double survivor: prostate cancer and non-hodgkins lymphoma. 10 years ago he'd have been dead twice.

May your sister have a long and fruitful life!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back