5 Day Accelerated Commercial Training

Ive heard good things about venture north aviation, weather in Minnesota is a concern this time of year.. thanks for the feedback

Thanks, Ive heard really good things about venture north too.

Some comments about accelerated training if it hasn't already be said....

When you go, be as ready as possible short of the final laps you need to finish. What ever "basic level" knowledge and flying you can get done and out of the way ahead of time, do that.

Be prepared to book additional days on the calendar. Whether it be weather, maintenance, or you're stuck on a learning plateau you can't get past, those 5 days might need to be adjusted to 7 (or 10 days to 13). Plan for this with your personal schedule so you don't get to a hard "I gotta leave tomorrow" deadline and you're not finished.

Plan your day to include adequate rest periods (breaks, nap, and bedtime). If you are fatigued, your ability to learn is significantly compromised. Don't be afraid to ask for a small or big break in learning if you need it and you have an Energizer Bunny of an instructor.

I had explored the option of going the accelerated commercial route but I ran into two issues:
1. Nobody in FL would get back to me or communicate in a timely manner.
2. Once I found someone to go with they check ride was going to be on a bad WX day forecast ahead. Trying to juggle the DPE schedule, WX,and all the small details seemed like unnecessary pressure.

In the end, I just found a local CFI and crammed a whole bunch of hours together.

Back