42nd Annual Simsbury Fly-In, Car Show and Food Truck Festival- Sept. 25, 2022 – 8AM to 5PM – Simsbur

Baron62

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Baron62
I hope you can join us

We are also running a food truck only event on Saturday 9/24, in case you can't make the Sunday activities.

42nd Annual Simsbury Fly-In, Car Show and Food Truck Festival

Sept. 25, 2022 – 8AM to 5PM – Simsbury Airport (4B9)

The largest fly-in in the Northeastern USA, combined with a huge car show and a food truck festival. A country fair atmosphere with over 150 participating businesses, and lots of family-oriented activities. Special this year: the Pipestrel all-electric airplane demo and seminar. Live music, free seminars, judging and trophies, AT-6 and helo rides, firefighting demo, formation flying demo, drones, new airplane and car dealers, gyroplanes, and great things to eat. NOTE: FAA arrival procedures in effect. For complete information, see www.simsburyflyin.com.

Not a bad fly-in and I may go, but it's become a zoo, the nonflying public needs to be kept away from the planes. The last time I was there, I was relaxing on the ground leaning against the wheel of my Hatz and I looked around to see some moron moving my propeller back and forth! I told him to stop and explained how dangerous it was, and he argued with me... "Oh, it won't start!" Another pilot told of somebody changing their baby's diaper on his stabilizer.

Thank you for letting us know about some spectators touching aircraft. I have made the Fly-In manager and Airport Manager aware of this concern to see how we can improve the situation.

Back