4 more in the win column!

Chip Sylverne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Quit with the negative waves, man.
I don't care who you are, flying PnP flights is fun stuff.
This weekend's KDAN to KFDK.

The pilot's they guy in the yellow hat.

(and before anyone says anything, everyone's outside the prop arc)

Attachments

• DANtoFDK 001.jpg
    DANtoFDK 001.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 43
  • DANtoFDK 009.jpg
    DANtoFDK 009.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 32
Not trying to be a negative Nancy. but what is the need to get dogs clear across the country? I get emails from rescue organizations wanting me to take Dogs across Montana. I'd be happy to help but my schedule and where they want the dogs to go never really jive though. My buddy wound up with a dog due to a couple getting divorced and it "stayed" with him for a while that turned into an eternity. I put the dog on craigslist and screened about 20 people to take him on the only day the advertisement ran. He wound up in a nice home on Flathead lake.

In the south, primarily GA and the Carolina's, shelters give dogs a relatively short time, like 2 weeks, to be adopted from before they gas them or in one instance, shoot them. Most of the flights I make are for organizations who claim them and send them to NY where they are put into forever homes, or fostered until a home can be found.
As posted in the other thread, a lot of kids come to the airport to pick up their dogs, and end up sitting in the right seat of an airplane. How can that be a bad thing?

I gotta burn avgas to stay current anyway...

In the south, primarily GA and the Carolina's, shelters give dogs a relatively short time, like 2 weeks, to be adopted from before they gas them or in one instance, shoot them. Most of the flights I make are for organizations who claim them and send them to NY where they are put into forever homes, or fostered until a home can be found.
As posted in the other thread, a lot of kids come to the airport to pick up their dogs, and end up sitting in the right seat of an airplane. How can that be a bad thing?

I gotta burn avgas to stay current anyway...

Not calling it a bad thing, it just seems from a logistics perspective that finding a home for a dog in North Carolina wouldn't include people in Seattle, I've been asked to take a Dog from Billings to Spokane to get it to Seattle, it's origin was North Carolina. I was going to do it to burn 100LL too but my plane was in for annual. Free dogs on Craigslist don't seem to last long around here. It doesn't concern me at all and I wasn't trying to question your justification for flying them, I think it's great. I never knew until I heard of PnP that there was a need to move dogs around the country, I still don't understand why there is.

Back