3rd class substance abuse HIMS Timeline:

A

anon

Just learned the FAA has mailed me my 3rd class Medical. Wanted to give a timeline to help others as I was certainly interested in others timeline's through my process.

1998 and 1999- 2 separate juvenile arrests for marijuana. Failed drug screens during diversion program.
2006- Failed employment related drug screen for a different drug.
No issues since.

Late July 2019, First AME appointment. Deferred for 3rd class for the above issues.

Mid August 2019, received request for drug screen. Took-passed- mailed back to FAA.

Mid December 2019, received request for HIMS SA Eval from a HIMS Psychiatrist. Immediately requested FAA records to HIMS AME and HIMS Shrink.

Early February 2020, competed HIMS SA EVAl- no concerns noted by Psyhc (Had to request time extension since the records still weren't sent out yet)

Early March 2020, FAA Medical Records made it to HIMS Psych

Mid March 2020, Completed AME and HIMS Psych report faxed to FAA. ( I followed up with calls once a week to ensure receipt since we were now past my original date and my one time extension date.)

End of March 2020, FAA states they still haven't received faxed HIMS/AME report from DR - Refaxed with ATTN to the person I spoke to on the phone that day.

Early April, verified fax was received and scanned into my file.

Mid April 2020, Thirds Class Approved

I bet that feels great! Thanks for the timeline. It's crazy it took them until Mid December to request a HIMS eval. Do you know if you'll have any ongoing requirements to maintain the medical?

I bet that feels great! Thanks for the timeline. It's crazy it took them until Mid December to request a HIMS eval. Do you know if you'll have any ongoing requirements to maintain the medical?

It does feel great. I thought I would be waiting 15-16 weeks after they got all the paperwork to issue. And there was still part of me that thought they'd come up with some more hoops for me.
I asked today when I called and the guy I spoke to said it was a regular issuance and not a special one. So I would assume no special requirements, but I don't have it in hand yet. I was too exited to wait until the mail came to share.

Congratulations!!!!

Now get out there and commit some aviation!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back