3rd Class Medical on Friday - Asthma when Very Young Question

sefeing

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
sefeing
Hi all, current student pilot and have my 3rd class medical coming up on Friday -

I included that I had asthma from ages 5-12 or so on my FAA med application. I've since grown out of it, and it hasn't affected me in almost 20 years. I haven't been prescribed an inhaler, or seen a doctor for it since being in elementary school. Included on my med application as to be as truthful as can be.

Do I need to get a PFT from my PCP before my exam with the AME on Friday? Or is he able to certify without it, since I have no history of the condition in almost two decades? Very, very anxious that I just made a mistake as I'm excited, and close to solo.

Probably not....I reported same - childhood asthma with no re-occurence in many decades. Neither the AME nor the FAA questioned it. But always be on the safe side and ask the AME before you allow them to make the exam active. Might be a good idea to call the AME office in advance, and ask if you should get a note from the doctor.

Gotcha - Will give that a shot. I'm realizing I probably didn't provide as much detail as I should have on the form itself...

Thank you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back