3rd Class Medical Finally Issued, Good for 49 days?!?

The FAA doesn't take lessons from anyone. Basic Med was forced on them by Congress, and that is what would need to happen to get your above suggestions realized. And they are good suggestions. Start lobbying!
Jon
BasicMed wasn't forced on the FAA; it was forced on the Department of Transportation, which was stonewalling the FAA's own proposal for easing medical requirements.

The FAA doesn't take lessons from anyone. Basic Med was forced on them by Congress, and that is what would need to happen to get your above suggestions realized. And they are good suggestions. Start lobbying!
Jon
Actually, the FAA was all set to push through a medical reform but the AMA got it squashed at the DOT level. We watched it dance through the rulemaking and then went nowhere forever.

Actually, the FAA was all set to push through a medical reform but the AMA got it squashed at the DOT level. We watched it dance through the rulemaking and then went nowhere forever.
How do you know the AMA was responsible for getting it quashed?

Without getting into the insane backstory, I've been in the process of getting a 3rd class medical since August 2021 due to a deferral for ADHD and some other bogus diagnoses that came from seeing an ADHD APRN.

I was very excited when I finally got into "Final review" status, and have been obsessively checking MedXpress and the Airmen registry.

Last night I checked, and FINALLY I see my 3rd class medical issued.
Medical Date: 8/2021 NOT VALID FOR ANY CLASS AFTER 02/28/2023

If this was truly issued yesterday, this is valid for only 49 days?! WHAT?

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Would calling OK get me anywhere if MedXpress isnt even updated yet?

how long was it “final review” ?
i just moved to final review yesterday and hope to see mine completed soon

I was reading somewhere even Chiropractors can do basic medial in states that license them as Chiropractic Physicians.

I was reading somewhere even Chiropractors can do basic medial in states that license them as Chiropractic Physicians.

If they're licensed as a doctor in their state, they can do basicmed CMECs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back