3rd Class medical - E/R visit versus hospitalization admission

InfinitiDave

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
InfinitiDave
Hello everyone. This is my first post on these forums.

As an introduction, I'm a 59 year-old private pilot who hasn't flown since sometime in 1996. I want to start flying again, so I'm starting to gather all of my medical information from various sources so that I can hopefully obtain a 3rd class medical.

When applying for a medical, is a visit to the E/R considered a hospitalization if I was not admitted as an inpatient? I wasn't admitted, should it just be listed under doctor visits instead? I went to the E/R because my doctor's office isn't open on weekends.

I will be contacting Dr. Bruce for a review of all of my medical information as it pertains to the 3rd class medical, but I wanted to organize as much stuff as I can prior to contacting him. The last thing I want is a deferral or denial due to issues that have occurred since I last held a valid medical.

Thank you.

Dave

It's not a hospitalization, but it is a visit to a medical provider so it has to be reported anyhow if it was within the last three years. You actually can list it in either location, nobody is going to make a big deal out of that. The question is what the ER visit was for even if you weren't admitted. Dr. Bruce can advise given the details.

Thanks flyingron. I appreciate your response.

I went in on 4/24/2014 because of flank pain, which I thought might be a kidney stone. It was not, but my urinalysis discovered microscopic hematuria (trace with 0-2 RBC.) The flank pain resolved in about a week ... maybe less. (I probably just pulled a muscle.)

Because the E/R discovered the hematuria, I went to a urologist who performed a cystoscopy. I still need to get the medical records from the urologist's office.

Dave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back