3rd class medical deferred. Is this common?

Cxt1067

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Cxt1067
Long story short, my application was deffered back in 2021.did neuropsychological and psychiatric eval. As well as Cogscreen . The neuro report said the problems are resolved and i am viable for 3rd class. I do not have psychiatric report but would think something similar. The reports were scanned in FAA system literally on the deadline. 30th of June 2022. Then I found out that the psychiatrist dated the report wrong in 2021 instead of 2022. Due to holiday I called FAA and psychiatrist on the 5th of July and they fixed it on the same day. So I know that my application was at OKC on the 5th.

Yesterday talked to FAA at OKC they said my file was sent to Washington and DC sent me a letter dated on the 7th (first class regular, not certified), which i haven’t got yet.

I don’t think it’s a SI because the psychologist’s recommendation didn’t say so and I didn’t get any instructions for SI procedure from FAA.

Shouldn’t my application be processed at OKC? They sent my file to DC so fast right after they got it? I was thinking it would be sitting in the system for a while but they didn’t waste any time to send it to DC? And DC sent me a letter so fast? None of them is wasting their time to get my case going and send me something. Curious about what the letter says

Last edited:
If a medical was issued, you will see it listed here https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/Main.aspx. These records are often updated before a medical is mailed to you.
Secondly, if the letter they sent is not certified, the analyst in OKC or your regional office can email it to you.
It was not medical issued based on registry. Thank you for the advice on the second option and I will def give them a call

To answer your title question, with the conditions you listed a deferred application is very common.

Call OKC and they will email you the letter instantly. They sent me one two weeks ago that I hadn’t received in the mail yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back