3rd Class Medical - Asthma, Psoriasis, and a Ear Dr. Visit

G

Hi All -

Need to renew my 3rd class medical and wanted to get some thoughts on a few items. I’m generally pretty healthy and have never felt better, but I know the FAA can be picky...

1). Asthma - I take Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide powder, 90 mcg) twice per day. Keeps it well under control - haven’t had to use a rescue inhaler except when I’ve gotten the flu.

2). Started to get some weird red spots on my skin and made multiple trips to a dermatologist in the last few months. Was diagnosed with psoriasis and given a few creams (desonide cream .05% for genital area, triamcinolone acetonide lotion USP .1% for scalp). Psoriasis is pretty mild and usually a couple days of creams clears it up for a while.

3. A year and a half ago flew commercially for work when I was sick and ended up in the urgent care for BPPV. Went to an ear doctor when I got home and had them look at it as well. Didn’t make it back for the follow-up because it all cleared up naturally. Have flown commercially and GA since with no recurrence. Pretty sure I just really messed myself up by flying commercially when sick, but concerned how the FAA may view this...

Do I have anything to worry about with a 3rd class medical? Last time I went through the process I had no Dr. Visits to report and no medications, so a little nervous.

I don’t see why any of these would be an issue. Certainly not the asthma as I can get a 1st class no problem with asthma.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back