3rd class medical and fluticasone for sinus

U

Unregistered

Hello:

My third class medical will be coming up soon and since my last one I have had intermittent problems with a maxillary sinus on one side only. It sometimes causes pressure in the face and ear, but it has never been too painful and I have never had any issues flying. My doc sent me to an ENT who prescribed nasal rinses and fluticasone (sp?) which is a generic for flonase. Will this cause me any issues on my third class medical, and is there something I can do beforehand with my ENT to prevent any problems getting passed?

The medicine itself isnt disqualifying,. As for the condition causing it is another thing, and i dont know. You will be getting some good advice here when the Dr.'s chime in. just follow their advice and you will be fine.

The question is whether or not you have CHRONIC sinusitis, which is disqualifying. Have the nasal rinses and fluticasone worked? If so, get a letter from the ENT that says so. Direction from the agency on this condition are quite clear.

The question is whether or not you have CHRONIC sinusitis, which is disqualifying. Have the nasal rinses and fluticasone worked? If so, get a letter from the ENT that says so. Direction from the agency on this condition are quite clear.
That's great. In the past you only had to worry about getting heart disease or cancer, now I must add chronic sinusitis to the list.

Thanks Dr. Bruce for chiming in- I have had just a few sinus infections (~1 per year or so) but they go away in less than a week each time so I don't think that fits the definition of chronic. The fluticasone and nasal rinses are successful with treating my symptoms and I will get a note from my doc stating such before my medical.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back