3rd class med exam

Herb, if you haven't had an FAA issueance with hypertension before, the following link is what you'll need:

http://www.faa.gov/avr/aam/Game/Version_2/03amemanual/PROTOCOLS/Hypertension.htm

You'll need a decent looking EKG, Cholesterol/LDL/HDL (fasting), fasting glucose, Potassium and Creatinine levels (this is a check of the kidneys). You'll only need the treadmill test if there's something amiss on the EKG or you get short of breath to say, walking across a Wal-Mart parking lot.

The letter from you family doc has to list your risk factors for coronary disease and state what you can/are doing to modify these.

If you have all the above, any AME can issue in the office.

AME

Hi Herb, its me George, we spoke on the phone today. Get yourself checked out and situated so we can get together in the future to fly out and see Mark somewhere!

GOOD LUCK WITH THE MEDICAL!

:blueplane:

I had hypertension that developed and had me scared to death about the 3rd class. I ended up going to an AME that does work for one of the big carriers. Heres how it went:

Him: "Oh, I see you marked hypertension, and are taking ..."
me: "yes..."
Him: "Oh... Well, in that case, I'm going to need blah, blah, blah..."
Me: Thump, "here it all is"
Him: "OH! GREAT! No problem! Here's your medical!"

What a relief! I can't stress enough, GET AN AME THAT DOES LOTS OF WORK (not just the "weekend AME"), and bring EVERYTHING they want from the get-go.

No problems!

Good luck!
S.

thank you for your prompt reply will comply with ur recomedations to proceed to next step

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back