35 years already

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
Just got an invitation to my 35th high school reunion.

I was thinking about skipping it, but I think we might go anyway. You never know how many you have left.

I joke every time with my wife that my old girlfriend might be there. She has an Academy Award - I have a cat that smells funny.

And in the small world department - one of my CFI-Gs sons was one year behind me in the same high school, but I didn't know him. The CFI-G was an extra in the movie "A Gathering of Eagles" (1963) with Rock Hudson. He said he had a lot of fun during down time playing cards with Hudson and Rod Taylor. He said, "That was before Rock turned."

Just got an invitation to my 35th high school reunion.

I was thinking about skipping it, but I think we might go anyway. You never know how many you have left.

I joke every time with my wife that my old girlfriend might be there. She has an Academy Award - I have a cat that smells funny.

And in the small world department - one of my CFI-Gs sons was one year behind me in the same high school, but I didn't know him. The CFI-G was an extra in the movie "A Gathering of Eagles" (1963) with Rock Hudson. He said he had a lot of fun during down time playing cards with Hudson and Rod Taylor. He said, "That was before Rock turned."

Guess I don't understand. The CFI-G was a year behind you, which would make him 52(?). He was in a movie that came out in 1963, so he was in this movie when he was about 1 year old???:dunno:

Guess I don't understand. The CFI-G was a year behind you, which would make him 52(?). He was in a movie that came out in 1963, so he was in this movie when he was about 1 year old???:dunno:

The son of the CFI-G was a year behind me in HS.

Damn, you are old!!!

mqdefault.jpg

Every now and then I hear a song on the car radio, turn it up, and tell my wife, "Hey, there's my old girlfriend!" Actually, we were in the same class and barely knew each other, but Melissa Etheridge won an Oscar for best song, and I fly a clapped out 152. Maybe I won?

Melissa Etheridge was your old Girlfriend? I didn't know you a lesbian in high school?

"That was before Rock turned."

He was always "turned" at least as an early adult. The movie was probably made before he "came out".

Poor Rock, he sure got it in the end...

If Rock Hudson married Gomer Pyle, would he be known as Rock Pyle?

Not old yet, but my HS class is having its 40th this year. And as best we can find and track, about 10% have passed (flown west) already.

It also means my first flight lesson was 40yrs ago this September.

He was always "turned" at least as an early adult. The movie was probably made before he "came out".

Poor Rock, he sure got it in the end...

If Rock Hudson married Gomer Pyle, would he be known as Rock Pyle?

How did AIDS get to Hollywood? In the trunk of a '25 Hudson....ba da bump.

Not old yet, but my HS class is having its 40th this year. And as best we can find and track, about 10% have passed (flown west) already.

It also means my first flight lesson was 40yrs ago this September.

Be sure to remind everyone of this at least once a week.......

.......oh wait, that's someone else! :rolleyes:

I went to my 50th - once.

Never again. Just a bunch of old farts I never saw before in my life - deaf, half blind, staggering around half drunk (well,at least that hadn't changed)
Interestingly our Superintendent of the high school was there. 94 and sharp as a tack.
Remembered me.
You still owe me that three page paper on the Electoral College
I'm working on it
Well OK, just as long as you haven't forgotten

My 50th is this year,going to pass. No interest in seeing people I Havnt seen in 50 years.

I can't remember how many we lost by our 10th reunion.

We had our 35th last year and out of a class of 87 we've only lost two. Both when they were still in their 20s. One to cancer and one to a car crash.

Then a few years ago a classmate lost himself and committed suicide.

I just can't imagine never going to a class reunion. To each his own but I have many very good friends still from high school.

But I guess if I was the that kid who got hung up by his underwear on a locker room coat hook every day then I might not have returned to be abused even more. ;)

Back