32nd of 57, E05

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Hatch Municipal (E05)

Anyone who likes green chile knows the name Hatch, as they make some of the best exported chile in the state. Granted, there is better chile available locally, but for those unlucky enough to live outside of New Mexico, this is the best you can get!

As you approach from the north, carefully avoiding all of the restricted airspace, you can see the chile farms all over the place. The airport sticks out nicely as the dirt surrounding the runway contrasts with the green chile all around it.

This runway is in really nice condition, and as was pointed out by fellow POAer Don Jones, this airport is fairly new, only existing for about 3 years or less. There is no taxiway, but there are signs that one is in the planning stage, as there is a road closed area next to the ramp in the perfect place for a future taxiway.

There is not much at the ramp except for a bulletein board, and no fuel is available on field. The only sign of civilization was a Riding for Jesus horse trailer. I'm not sure what that is all about.

Pictures:
1) Juliet on the ramp, with the Hatch sign and bulletein board behind
2) Who is that handsome guy standing next to Juliet??
3) Sexy beast again, with mountains behind him
4) The Riding for Jesus trailer

HATCH MUNICIPAL QUICK FACTS:
Airport Elevation: 4080 Ft
Runways 11/29: 4110'x60ft, Asphalt in pristine condition
CTAF: 122.9

Nick's NOTAMS: No fuel or services available. Retroreflective lighting.

Attachments

• Plane on Ramp.jpg
    Plane on Ramp.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Nick and Plane on Ramp.jpg
    Nick and Plane on Ramp.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Opposite Angle Nick and Plane on Ramp.jpg
    Opposite Angle Nick and Plane on Ramp.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Riding for Jesus!.jpg
    Riding for Jesus!.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
SkyHog said:
Hatch Municipal (E05)

Anyone who likes green chile knows the name Hatch, as they make some of the best exported chile in the state.

I 2nd that. I sure miss green chile stew. Just can't get anything like New Mexico Mexican food anywhere but there. It is all that tex-mex junk. But I was in Austin a week or so ago at Chuy's and had the Hatch Chile enchiladas. Very good!

Thanks Nick, another on or should I say off the list.

Riding for Jesus, aka "The Soul Hunter" I am picturing the walker texas ranger type, dragging the non-belivers off to the Saturday 5 o' clock for redemption.

good reports......off to read 33rd of 57

SteveW said:
Sexy beast??? I see her in pix #1, #2, & #3

:)
LOL!!! Just noticed you're a fellow New Mexican. W00t! that makes 4 of us now! We may be able to get a big ol' fly in going afterall someday.

Back