30th Anniversary

l8evator

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
l8evator
Today marks the 30th anniversary of the restoration of my Luscombe. I flew the post maintenance test flight on December 31, 1983. Each year on December 31, I try to do a commemorative flight, and today was spectacular here in Colorado. Feel free to go to the bar and get yourself a Miller High Life and join the celebration.

Scott

Attachments

• Newsl8.JPG
    Newsl8.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 46
  • mtns12-31.JPG
    mtns12-31.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 37
  • PPeak.JPG
    PPeak.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 34
I will have a beverage in honor of your 30 year anniversary.

Tried to fly today, perfect weather for it. Both key rentals were down for 50hr oil changes :(
Then we're going XC with other renters.

I will be flying gliders on the first. No lift in the forecast, just winter sled rides. We always fly on New Years Day.

Congrats on the 30th Anniv.

Practiced cross wind T&Gs in RV 8. Up to 10 mph direct. It was "interesting". :lol:

Luscobe is a great bird with a lot of history. Lots of pilots learned to fly in them.

Today marks the 30th anniversary of the restoration of my Luscombe. I flew the post maintenance test flight on December 31, 1983. Each year on December 31, I try to do a commemorative flight, and today was spectacular here in Colorado. Feel free to go to the bar and get yourself a Miller High Life and join the celebration.

Scott

Thanks for sharing. I love the polished aluminum.

Great day to celebrate, I'm approaching my 30th anniversary of beginning flight lessons. Hard to believe how fast time passes!;)

Nice plane ,will send you the bill for the drinks.

Thanks for all of the kind comments. I hope no one over indulged, but the party is over, time to get back to work. Speaking of work, how many would like to join me in updating the polish on that bird? Free polishing lessons and free beer (after polishing is done) are included. Must be present to win.

Scott

Back