I was considering it. I have been trying to find out how historically accurate it is before I plop my money down on it. My next foray into history after I finish with the Roman stuff I have been working on is the Greek Empire and I don't want to spoil my experience with preconceived and wrong notions. But I have heard that it is a good movie!!

I was considering it. I have been trying to find out how historically accurate it is before I plop my money down on it. My next foray into history after I finish with the Roman stuff I have been working on is the Greek Empire and I don't want to spoil my experience with preconceived and wrong notions. But I have heard that it is a good movie!!

Good idea. I was only somewhat familiar with the Battle of Thermopylae prior to seeing it, so I watched it with the same mindset that I have when reading a Michner novel and ended up enjoying it tremendously.

...this will not be quick....

If you're worried about historical accuracy watch documentaries on the History Channel. 300 is a comic book, and a very good one at that. It's even riling up the Iranians, so it gets a +1 in my book.

And yes, I liked it quite a bit. Another computer generated fantasy which was a little less visceral was Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, which prominently featured a computer generated (and submersible) Sptifire. Also recommended.

Back