3 Takeoffs and landings

Luigi

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Luigi
So..If I'm not current can I take my dog with me for a flight to become so, or does he count as a passenger even though he is not human (please don't tell him)?

As long as he does not pay you or report you it should be okay.

If you're not current then he's a required crew member isn't he?

:)

If he covers his eyes and whines you'll know you need some dual.

Can a pregnant pilot fly by herself to regain currency?

Can a pregnant student pilot fly "solo?"

I kid :wink2:

527353_10150910271128712_724792161_n.jpg

Just make sure the K9 doesn't lodge a complaint with the FAA!

Dogs are property in the eyes of the law. It is technically the same as throwing a piece of luggage in the back seat.

Yes, and yes, but if she goes into labor and delivers in flight, she's now illegal.:D

I have heard that women can multitask better than men. I suppose a Cirrus with a side yoke would be the best for this scenario. :dunno:

Can a pregnant pilot fly by herself to regain currency?

Can a pregnant student pilot fly "solo?"

I kid :wink2:

This actually happened to a lady pilot friend. Her CFI / husband / father of the child continued training until she soled. He also works for the FAA as as inspector, so I guess she was legal. :dunno:

As he wouldn't sign the liability release, I didn't bring him. He also took umbrage at being likened to luggage.

Last edited:
If the dog is your seeing eye dog, then you can fly with the dog under the Americans With Disabilities Act.
But you can't fly with a cane, if you are blind.

As he wouldn't sign the liability release, I didn't bring him. He also took umbrage at being likened to luggage.

The cool thing about dogs is that they have a 10 second memory. Give him a cookie and he will instantly move on. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So..If I'm not current can I take my dog with me for a flight to become so, or does he count as a passenger even though he is not human (please don't tell him)?

You're good, just don't take Duke the Bush's Bean dog.

I'm guessing you never owned a terrier.

I have a Miniature Schnauzer (a terrier bread). He does get upset when he is left alone and takes a few minutes to calm down, but pull out his ball and he can focus on nothing else.

Years ago I thought it would be fun to take my dog for a flight, He was a Chow-Manchester mix. I loaded him into the right hand seat of my Luscombe. He was having a great time as I taxied out. On takeoff at about 200 ft he looked out and freaked out. Right away dived to the floor (between my feet on the pedals) and wouldn't come out. Needless to say we landed in a hurry.

Gal I dated in SF had a Golden/Yellow Lab mix. We were headed to Laughlin and since Don's place was pet friendly, we decided to take Sadie. When we got to the airport I was wondering what I was going to do if the dog didn't want to get in, she was heavy. No worries on that! As soon as I had the door cracked she jumped up on the wing and nosed the door open, bounded over the back seat and took up residence in her 'den' as she claimed the hat shelf in my Travelair. For those of you familiar with the hat shelf in the back of a late 50s Bo or Tavelair, you can imagine how funny she looked scrunched into there, but she loved it and she loved looking out the windows. The only problem is that she kept 'decompressing' lol. Any time I was going to go flying I would just say "Wanna go flying?" and she was ready to go.

Back