3 planes in the pattern doing touch-and-go's with a 4 knot tailwind

I'll conform with the pre-existing flow. If someone (tailwheel? student?
whatever ...) requests a change, I will accommodate them.
RainSux, your post has a lot more wisdom than anything I read in the string of "you're wrong, I'm right (and you're stupid)" blathering.

Yes, it is possible to land most any airplane in a light tailwind and yes this may require more skill than the same plane on the same runway without the tailwind. And I have no doubt that some pilots might be perfectly comfortable landing any taildragger in a significant tailwind be it a Pitts Special, DC-3, AT-6, J3, or JN-4.

But IMO the real issue from the OP is that no one should coerce or force another pilot to attempt a landing in less than optimal conditions if that pilot feels that safety might be compromised. IOW, if only one pilot in 20 prefers a different runway, just work it out and let him land where he want's to whether or not you think he's being overly cautions or not.

But IMO the real issue from the OP is that no one should coerce or force another pilot to attempt a landing in less than optimal conditions if that pilot feels that safety might be compromised. IOW, if only one pilot in 20 prefers a different runway, just work it out and let him land where he want's to whether or not you think he's being overly cautions or not.

:yeahthat:

Being PIC means assuming the responsibility for the safety of the flight. I would never, nor should any other pilot, question or deride another pilot's decision if it is based on a concern for the safe conduct of the flight. What I might consider safe may seem insane to some, and vice versa. Fly your own flight.

i was announcing my intentions and the planes impatiently waited while I landed on 36. Ive never let other pilots make my PIC decisions for me.
this would be AWESOME had he met a glider

P.S. still would not extract the right less tho, I bet

Back