3 days left to buy tix for raffle plane! (172C)

Jim_R

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jim
The 1940 Air Terminal Museum's 2015 raffle plane (a Cessna 172C) will be awarded this Saturday, July 18.

Tickets are still available (no more than 2700 will be sold), and can be purchased through noon Central time, Friday July 17.

If you're interested, details are on the museum's website, here:

http://www.1940airterminal.org/TheHangar/RafflePlane/N1673Y/

The 1940 Air Terminal Museum's 2015 raffle plane (a Cessna 172C) will be awarded this Saturday, July 18.

Tickets are still available (no more than 2700 will be sold), and can be purchased through noon Central time, Friday July 17.

If you're interested, details are on the museum's website, here:

http://www.1940airterminal.org/TheHangar/RafflePlane/N1673Y/

Is this organization and its raffle on the level? I recently learned that there was some sort of media investigation into Winged Warriors. I haven't researched it yet but I guess someone is making accusations.

Ignore this post.
Buying tickets messes with my odds of winning

Is this organization and its raffle on the level? I recently learned that there was some sort of media investigation into Winged Warriors. I haven't researched it yet but I guess someone is making accusations.

I don't know about any years but the one I attended back in 2010 and it was legit as far as I could tell. It's run by the The Houston Aeronautical Heritage Society, Inc. ("HAHS"), a 501(c)(3) Texas non-profit corporation.
They called the winner on the phone, his wife answered and nearly had a heart attack while she was going to grab him off the couch. I think they dropped the phone twice.. hehe

They had the phone call mic'ed into the PA system, so we all got a good chuckle out of it.

Last edited:

I know the guy who won a few years ago. He kept the plane for awhile then sold it. So, yes.

I don't know who Winged Warriors are, but the 1940 Air Terminal Museum is legit. They've been raffling off planes for several years now. I was present when they gave one away one year--lots of fun seeing the look of shock on the winner's face!

I was shocked when they didn't call me. I was holding the winner yet they gave it to someone else.....total scam!

I don't know who Winged Warriors are, but the 1940 Air Terminal Museum is legit. They've been raffling off planes for several years now. I was present when they gave one away one year--lots of fun seeing the look of shock on the winner's face!

Actually, when I asked my question, I had already bought a ticket for the Air Terminal Museum raffle. First time. However, I have bought tickets the past few years for Winged Warriors raffle. Just a couple of weeks ago I learned that there were some investigative journalist digging into Winged Warriors and I even got a call/voice mail from a reporter though I did not return the call. I was quite dismayed to learn that Winged Warriors might not be legit. That is what led to my question about the Air Terminal raffle. I have subsequently learned it is on the up and up.

Back