28 Days Between Bong and Throttle

I was referencing what flyingron said, “What it has done is open up the cc permit holder to abuse by the police (at least in Maryland)”. I wasn’t sure what he meant.

I think there have been some reports of MD LEOs observing license plates on the interstates and determining that the driver likely has a CCW from out of state and then targeting them for a stop.

e.g. https://theconservativetreehouse.co...dis-maryland-concealed-carry-driver-incident/

I have no idea how prevalent this is currently.

Oh wow. That’s pretty frightening (the data access and then cameras everywhere).
shouldn't be frightening....if you follow the rules. No tickie...put your jimmy in his case and away in the trunk. When you get to another state....bring him back out.

What’s going on in Maryland where the police would dislike you more if you’re a licensed carrier?

Maryland is a gun hostile state. Concealed carry permits are hard to obtain there. They harass those with out of state permits. Most of the states on the east coast swap databases. Tried to get it stopped in Virginia, but Virginia still requires it for reciprocity with other states.

Maryland is a gun hostile state. Concealed carry permits are hard to obtain there. They harass those with out of state permits. Most of the states on the east coast swap databases. Tried to get it stopped in Virginia, but Virginia still requires it for reciprocity with other states.
What do they do to drivers with plates from a Constitutional Carry state? Assume they're armed and harass them too? Or does this only apply to CCW holders they can find in the database? (which by definition excludes anyone from a Does Not Issue, CC state such as Vermont).

Yes, that's the stupid point. It only challenges the law abiding in states that require a permit and the vehicle owner has gone to the effort to get one. In Virginia it's stupidly simple. Can't remember if I got fingerprinted, but the rest of the process was a farce. Took an online 10 minute course (which turns out to have been spurious, if I had realized my hunting license would have exempted me, I'd not have bothered). In NC, many people have the CCW not because they want to concealed carry, but that it obviates the need for the state's corrupt and racist pistol purchase permit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back