27 Building Murals in S49 Vale, OR.

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
We have some great Murals in our little town, and if you are ever out our way stop in and take a look. They are all painted by professional artist. I will post a couple of pictures. Our little town is trying to keep from dying and we need all the help we can get. Bob

Attachments

• Snake River crossing at Old Fort Boise.jpg
    Snake River crossing at Old Fort Boise.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Mining Mural on Olsen Building.jpg
    Mining Mural on Olsen Building.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 31
Its a great idea, Bob - and seems to have helped my dad's town
(Chemainus, BC)

Gorgeous. You going to post pictures of the other 25? Those must take a long time to paint...

Each and every year the Mural Society has a fund raising auction and they ask me for a donation of an airplane ride for it. I have been doing this for I don't know how many years. They are a non-profit organization so I can legally do this I am told. They usually make about $200. on the plane ride. So that is my part. One old boy tries to buy it each year and we are about running out of places to go.

I love big building murals. There's a famous one in downtown Fort Worth called "Chisholm Trail"

cfiles696.jpg

Then there's the Tarrant County Court annex building where the whole building is a mural. They took a ugly, UGLY building and made it quite nice:

Before:

tarrant1.jpg

and after:

tarrant2.jpg

This reminds me of a story about the Richard Russell Federal Building; home to US District Court in Atlanta.

After the finishing touches were done and painting completed, the painters took down all the protective tarps and dumped them. Among the tarps was one hanging on a large wall off the main entrance. It seems that "tarp" was actually a contemporary painting that looked no different than a normal painter's tarp with a few colors of pain scattered on it; costing you and me a substantial amount of money. I can't recall the amount but it seems it was well over a hundred grand. :)

Back