Captain

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
First Officer

Bonus points awarded for figuring out the thread title.

Good guesses. Think MUCH more nerdy. Star Trek levels of nerdy...

That was my guess until I did the math - first, it is not a whole number of years, so doesn't fit with the birthday theme; and second, no way is Captain going on 70 years old. ;)

I figured he could have been playing around with partial days and such, but it was a stretch.

I have no way of knowing if he's 70 or 40!

Turns out there are a couple methods of calculating Star Dates but I used the one linked from a Trek site that Google delivered on the top of the first page. (I'm not actually nerdy enough to just know).

So...star date 25474.7 equals Jan 4th, 1972 at 0835. (I don't actually know the time of day I was born so I used the time of my post.

TrekGuide.com

Turns out there are a couple methods of calculating Star Dates but I used the one linked from a Trek site that Google delivered on the top of the first page. (I'm not actually nerdy enough to just know).

So...star date 25474.7 equals Jan 4th, 1972 at 0835. (I don't actually know the time of day I was born so I used the time of my post.

TrekGuide.com

I was going to say, "Captain's Log, entry 25474.7..."

Turns out there are a couple methods of calculating Star Dates
All of which are bogus after the fact attempts to claim that there was an actual system for calculating the numbers that script writers picked at random.

"I mean it's just a TV show, damn it. It's just a TV show!" William Shatner

I used one of the Star Trek calculators, I couldn't tell you which one is/isn't correct.

Back