24th Annual

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
24th annual for the Sport, 3 squawks.

Exhaust gasket #1 cylinder, will change all 4.

Slight looseness in pilot yoke universal joint, will change now but could be deferred.

Right aileron push rod slight movement could be deferred but will change bearing now.

I'm Happy...:)

I know B-19 Sport, somewhere between a C-150, P-140. But it's mine and keeps me in the air at a reasonable cost.

Total as of today
Hangar rental for the month $400
Universal Joint $100
Exhaust gaskets $40
Aileron push rod bearing $?
Oil $60
Oil filter $24
IA inspection $300
My labor $0
Total time out of service 2 weeks

Bill, you have several things to be complimented on:

You have the skills to do your own maintenance work.

You have an AI who trusts your work, and will sign off the work when done. That is a relationship that does not come easily, it is earned.

That annual cost about $100 per month, and it should set you up for a trouble free year ahead.

On a separate topic, do you fly out of the airport, KJNU? Foggy place, are you Instrument rated?

On a separate topic, do you fly out of the airport, KJNU? Foggy place, are you Instrument rated?
Yes I have been based out of Juneau (PAJN) since 2000, Ketchikan, AK (PAKT) 1999, Elko NV (KEKO)1997-1998, Juneau 1995-1996. PPL Spearfish SD (KSPF) 1995

No the Sport is not equipped for IFR flying and neither am I. Lots of MVFR days here, I'm pretty conservative with the weather. The nice thing about flying in SE AK is the channels are like highways, very easy to navigate. Not like flying over the Midwest with one corn field after another...

Last edited:
Back