24f

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Have you flown here? Jefferson is the real destination, and ASL is a bit far away. The A/FD info says the runway is in poor condition.

i thought this post was about a 24 year old female...
sigh...

I have to do the X-C planning tonight. Man, it is so tempting to just fly there instead of ASL, but I don't know about that runway. . . .

wangmyers said:
I have to do the X-C planning tonight. Man, it is so tempting to just fly there instead of ASL, but I don't know about that runway. . . .

What are you flying? If I was worried about it, plan for 24F with ASL as an alternate, do a low level pass on 24F and survey the runway with the old Mk1Mod0 eyeball, anything you don't like, go elsewhere. IMO Most people aren't aware of just how rough a runway the average plane can take if you stay off the brakes and hold attitude on the nose.

Henning said:
What are you flying? If I was worried about it, plan for 24F with ASL as an alternate, do a low level pass on 24F and survey the runway with the old Mk1Mod0 eyeball, anything you don't like, go elsewhere. IMO Most people aren't aware of just how rough a runway the average plane can take if you stay off the brakes and hold attitude on the nose.
That's what I was thinking, but I have family picking us up and they need to know which airport. They are happy to go to ASL because they do their shopping there, anyway. I think I'll just play it safe, and maybe fly over it on the way back to check it out.

Ben:

Let me know if you check Jefferson out. I haven't gone in there for a couple reasons: have heard it's not well maintained, would still need ground transport when I got there, was worried about airport security while my plane sat there. I'd appreciate the opinion of someone that has checked it out or is in the area and knows about these things.

Best,

Dave

Ben:

Let me know if you check Jefferson out. I haven't gone in there for a couple reasons: have heard it's not well maintained, would still need ground transport when I got there, was worried about airport security while my plane sat there. I'd appreciate the opinion of someone that has checked it out or is in the area and knows about these things.

Best,

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Ben:

Best,

Dave
If I end up landing there (or flyinig or driving by) I will give you a report.

Last edited:
Back