24" Avgas fuel sender

ebetancourt

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Ernie
My 1929 Waco has an unbaffled 60 gallon fuselage tank. It is 24" deep. The restorer doesn't remember where he got the sender, and it's broken. Nothing on it to help find another. I am perfectly willing to try something else, even if it means changing the fuel gauge. I've wondered if any of the aux tanks on gasoline powered trucks might work.

Anyone have suggestions or ideas?

Thanks, I feel dumb not looking on Amazon. There are several that I think would work. I don't trust gauges anyway, just trying to add a little redundancy.

The one I use is made by Princeton and works well. I use 100LL but I can also use E-Free Mogas. The only downside to these capacitance probes is that once calibrated with one type of fuel using a different fuel will make the reading less accurate. Here's the Aircraft Spruce page for these. They are available in various lengths:
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/princefuelprobes.php

My 1929 Waco has an unbaffled 60 gallon fuselage tank. It is 24" deep. The restorer doesn't remember where he got the sender, and it's broken. Nothing on it to help find another. I am perfectly willing to try something else, even if it means changing the fuel gauge. I've wondered if any of the aux tanks on gasoline powered trucks might work.

Anyone have suggestions or ideas?

Call CiES

I did..., no help

Edit: They did respond by email. Balls in my court to find a drawing of the tank, and measure the actual depth of the tank.

Last edited:
Back