23rd Annual for my 1974 Beech Sport

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
1/2 way through my 23rd annual for my slow flying Beech Sport. It's 16 years younger than myself.

IA is real happy with how I have maintained the plane. Told me this inspection is a walk in the park...:)

Wish I had a real Alaskan aircraft, Cub or Scout. $ prevents that from happening at moment. One day I hope to own a true bush plane. Skis, floats and tundra tires would be awesome..

Fat Albert got it's first annual in 1957 and another one every year since. It had many 100 hour inspections along the way also. Most of the cam locks and screw threads are well worn.

Just finished the 23rd annual. IA was very happy with the condition of the plane. No defensives were found, test flew this morning. Density altitude was about -2600ft. Full fuel (60gal), 95mph climb was 750fpm, level off at 2500 ft cruse 2450rpm 120mph. Not bad for the Sport 150. Beautiful day in Juneau, clear skies, sunny, no wind. Plane flew great, I'm a happy camper...:)

I took some of my basic instruction in the Beech Sport and found it to be very fun to fly. It has nice control harmony and would've much rather finished my training in the Sport than the C152. Glad your Beech passed its annual with flying colors.

I took some of my basic instruction in the Beech Sport and found it to be very fun to fly. It has nice control harmony and would've much rather finished my training in the Sport than the C152. Glad your Beech passed its annual with flying colors.
My PPL training was in a C-172 I enjoyed that plane. The price of a c-172 was out of my budget when I bought the Sport. I do enjoy the way the Sport flies. Have flow it from Biloxi, MS to Alaska to Chicago to Elko, NV and back to Alaska. Slow but comfortable airplane...:)

A good chunk of my hours during my PPL training was in a sport. Missed using it on my check ride due to an unscheduled engine overhaul.

My current ride is a Beech Sundowner. I do love the entire Musketeer line....but they sure are slow.

Hey AKBill....any chance you've checked out the type club for your bird? Beech Aero Club. Wealth of knowledge there about the Musketeers.

Hey AKBill....any chance you've checked out the type club for your bird
I have Eric, do to my location I have not had the opportunity to attend any of there fly-ins or functions. I'm most likely the northern most member of BAC. Happy flying and enjoy your Sundowner.

Sure would be nice to put an O-360 in the Sport. But for the cost I might as well buy a Sundowner. Wish I had bought a Sundowner 23 years ago. Oh well the Sport gets in in the air were I can enjoy my hobby.

I'v read this thread a couple times, and am still trying to figure out if this a record for a Beech :)

Back