2024Q sold

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Well, I sold my A-36 (the one I flew into Gaston's). I had decided to keep it and was positioning it for that. A friend lost his plane when a sudden downdraft pushed him and his wife into the ground on short final in San Antonio a few months back. Mutual friends recommended me to him and told him how I had maintained the plane. Long story short, he and his wife came last Friday. We've flown together several times, and they just purchased it.

So, good-bye to my magic carpet that took me on so many wonderful experiences the last few years: Many trips to Wisconsin, San Diego, Norfolk, Las Vegas. Also, to the Bahamas and Mexico. Dad loved this plane; of course, he is gone now too.

Funny how it's difficult to part with a plane (pic attached).

Best,

Dave

Attachments

• Dad & I at Royal Jet.jpg
    Dad & I at Royal Jet.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
Dave Siciliano said:
So, good-bye to my magic carpet that took me on so many wonderful experiences the last few years: Many trips to Wisconsin, San Diego, Norfolk, Las Vegas. Also, to the Bahamas and Mexico. Dad loved this plane; of course, he is gone now too.

Best,

Dave

The plane may be gone Dave, but the memories of people and places you've seen because of it will remain forever. :yes:

That's sad Dave. That's a nice picture of you and Dad. Are you just going to fly the Baron now?

Anthony said:
That's sad Dave. That's a nice picture of you and Dad. Are you just going to fly the Baron now?

I'm not sure Anthony. Certainly will fly the Baron, but may suffer from empty hanger syndrome ( I have two hangers). Tom Gresham informs me it's r e a l difficult to leave a hanger empty for long :p

Best,

Dave

Well think of it this way... You're spreading the joys of Beech around. :) I've been thinking an A36 might be a nice upgrade at some point, but I don't know if I could get rid of the V35...

Dave Siciliano said:
I'm not sure Anthony. Certainly will fly the Baron, but may suffer from empty hanger syndrome ( I have two hangers). Tom Gresham informs me it's r e a l difficult to leave a hanger empty for long :p

OK. SF260, T-6, T-28, Fouga. I love spending OPM! :D

AirBaker said:
Well think of it this way... You're spreading the joys of Beech around. :) I've been thinking an A36 might be a nice upgrade at some point, but I don't know if I could get rid of the V35...
So maybe I'm in the market for a nice Bo...

Sorry to hear it Dave. Hopefully you'll replace her with something extra special.

Like a Cherokee 180 :D

Dave Siciliano said:

Best,

Dave

What sort of helicopter could you fit in there?

Dave Siciliano said:
Well, I sold my A-36

And just when you got it flying right! I hope you negotiated for visiting rights.

Funny how we can get emotional about inanimate objects....

Nice plane, Dave.

AirBaker said:

Well, if you get serious and I can help, please let me know:rolleyes:

Dave

Ken Ibold said:
So maybe I'm in the market for a nice Bo...

Geeesh Ken. Wish I would have known; could have gotten you some time in mine before I let it go. Do you have much time in one?

Best,

Dave

Anthony said:
OK. SF260, T-6, T-28, Fouga. I love spending OPM! :D

Just don't have any idea right now. Those would sure be fun! There's a T-28 group here that has been tryin to get me to join. Not too practical for cross country stuff. A B-36 with the IO-550 is something I'd kinna like. The Diamond Jet has some appeal.

Then, maybe a fun plane for awhile would be neat! RV-6 is fun, isn't it? don't know what an Extra would run. I probably do need something that I could take on a long trip if the Baron was down.

Anyway, really don't know at this point. Colemill Baron sounds neat too!

Best,

Dave

lancefisher said:
And just when you got it flying right! I hope you negotiated for visiting rights.

The new owners are very nice folks. Have invited me out to Seattle already. They are coming back this way in September for the Advanced Pilot Seminar in Ada. I'll probably run up there and visit.

Dave

wsuffa said:

Nice plane, Dave.

Yes, sigh!

Mike Caban flew in yesterday. Has a great B-55 he has completely refirbished. We'll be puttering around today.

John and Betty will leave in my A-36 in a bit and I'm going to waive good-bye.

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Colemill Baron sounds neat too!

A friend of mine has a Colemill Starfire V35B. That is nice.

Dave,

Sorry to see 4Q go. With this loss, however, comes the thrill of finding a new plane to occupy the hangar! I like the helo idea... maybe something turbine? :)

There was a United 777 captain who, every summer I lived in Williamstown, flew his Colemill Panther conversion B-58 out there. Bought the 58 from the factory and sent it to Colemill directly.

What a fine, sexy, fast plane that was. He'd park it on the ramp next the whole few weeks he was there, next to all of the more pedestrian planes... one of the guys with a Cessna 140 would complain that the neighborhood was gentrifying...

Cheers,

-Andrew

Dave Siciliano said:
Yes, sigh!

Mike Caban flew in yesterday. Has a great B-55 he has completely refirbished. We'll be puttering around today.

John and Betty will leave in my A-36 in a bit and I'm going to waive good-bye.

Dave

John Foose called from Seatle late yesterday and told me 24Q was safely bedded down in his hanger. Had a great flight home and the plane performed very well. It's heartwarming to hear after their accident. Now, they're back in the saddle with a very capable plane.

Mike Caban went back to Florida yesterday and also got home without any problem.

Have our fourth of July party tonight--leaving for Greenville Thursday or Friday. I'll be glad to get back and have a normal routine for a bit before we go off to Maui!!

Best,

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Well, if you get serious and I can help, please let me know:rolleyes:

Dave

Will do. It wasn't until I popped up on the Beech list did I realize who bought it. Sounds like they're super happy.

And Ken... There are plenty of Beech owners out and about who'd be happy to get you a few hours in one.

Yes Chris, John and Betty seem really please with the purchase. Gave me a real heart-warming feeling to see them wing their way back to Seattle in it. They called me after each landing to tell me how the trip was going. Nice to see them back in the air after their accident.

Flew with John several times to get him ahead of the plane;he just hadn't flown for awhile. He did grease the last landing or two before he left.

Hope they really enjoy the plane. It will be nice to hear about their travels in it! Small little community we belong to. Nice to have people happy in it.

Dave

wsuffa said:

What does marriage have to do with it? :D

Dave Siciliano said:

Dave, sorry to hear of your good "friend" going, but it sounds like she's going to a good home. Best two days...:dunno:

Dave,

If I had some money burning a hole in my pocket there are a number of interesting planes I would consider...a Beach 18 would be one of the more interesting ones...another would be that Mooney with the 351HP liquid cooled engine that has been gracing the pages of Trade a Plane for awhile (under the 305 Rocket Conversion heading). With regards to that one...I'd have to ask a lot of questions about the plane 'cause it has been offered for sale for a long while.

Len

Back