2019 spilling into 2020

lancie00

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
lancie00
I thought 2019 was going to finish strong after passing my commercial written with a 90% but since then, I had 2 weeks of BEAUTIFUL weather but couldn't fly because of work and the holidays. I got to fly one day to the inlaws but the bendix on the starter didn't want to engage to get me home so I had to fiddle with that on the ramp until it worked.
A couple days later, the weather turned to soup with ice.
When I finally got to fly with my instructor (who's never around because he flies big iron), he told me he's not up to speed on small GA commercial maneuvers.
That's ok, I did them years ago so I'll just look up the standards and re-learn them myself.
Jan 1, 2020, beautiful day... no honeydo list... no commitments. Went to the airport, pulled out the plane, taxied to the runway, went through checklist. No amps. Try cycling the master, still no amps. Turned on the pitot and landing light, still no amps. Thought about a lap around the pattern but din't like the idea of pushing my luck with electrical landing gear. (Arrow)
Push the plane back into the hangar..... go see A&P yesterday. Just got word that the alternator is bad.
I think I'll go home tonight and mix myself a stiff drink and think about something else. Maybe pretty women with big.... uh... ideas.

My avionics install spilled into 2020. Partner just flew it home this afternoon. I am excited to use the new gadgets (in hopefully a few months).

Back