2015 Oshkosh Hotel prices...WTF!?!

If you can, take the Monday after Airventure off work too - Then you can stay for the Saturday night airshow, which is not to be missed, and get home with plenty of time to unpack and sleep off the effects of the show.

Sounds like a plan to me. I would just take two weeks off, but my wife and I have a two week Europe trip planned next fall so I only have the one week of vacation available. I should be able to bid my July schedule such that I'll have a couple of days off on either end though. We'll see how that plays out.

I'm sure we'll take two days to get up there. Like you said, it'd be nice to roll into the show well rested, and it'll give us a good buffer for any weather related issues. Besides, a couple of airline pilots in a piston single headed 1500nm to Oshkosh - what could possibly go wrong? :lol:

kayoh190;1575733....... Besides said:
possibly[/I] go wrong? :lol:

Be optimistic......

I flew to OSH with a new PPL a couple of years ago in his new 182T... Went straight up to 17,500 and on the bottle the whole way.. Made it non stop in just over 5 1/2 hours non stop,,, and still had a hours worth of fuel on board... Ya gotta love those great tail winds up high...:yes:..;)..

If ya leave early,, like sunrise.............. and the weather cooperates.. You can pull in by mid afternoon.. IMHO..

Back