2014 Power Primary?

ebetancourt

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Ernie
If I read it correctly the spin and 45 up are gone. The steep turn is 270. Is the roll on a downline? This would be easier.

Last edited:
Ernie, no - the roll is on a level line just like last year's Primary sequence, but it's flown on the 'Y' axis (fore and aft from the judges) after completing the 270 turn. Lines flown on the Y axis are drawn at a slight angle in Aresti. Rolls are sometimes flown on 45 downlines, but that 45 line will include level entry and exit lines, since competition figures always start and end in level flight, either upright or inverted. Yes, it's a totally changed Primary sequence with no 45 line or spin. It has created a bit of controversy for being so short and simple. We'll see how folks respond to by the numbers actually showing up to fly Primary next year.

Thanks, it is custom made for reducing the power management issues for me. I actually read the BoD draft minutes and noticed they rejected the change then approved it later in the meeting. I have been working on my slow rolls and I suspect that I will have to take your advice, leave and re-enter. Even in a 180 steep, I can't maintain any real speed so I will likely be real slow in a 270. I suspect 140 or so will be the minimum for a decent roll. Most everything else I can do slower than "book."

I will be looking for a March - May time frame for something within 300 miles or so. I can and will do this. :goofy:

Back