2013 season comes to a close

el con

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
The Flied Piper
Well gang the 2013 flying season at 6Y9 is in the books.
I pulled the cones this past weekend and soon everything will be turning white.
Amazing things have happened this past season. New friends were made.
The loss and then the regaining of 600 ft of runway.
I will be signing the purchase agreement this week for the 13.5 acres needed to retain the east 600 ft. and then add a little more.
Thanks to all that visited during the summer and to those who tried to make it and especially those 22 planes and there pilots to the 8th annual 6Y9 Fly -In.
Diz and I are looking forward to seeing everyone in 2014.:yes:
Fly Safe
Brad

Hoping to make it up there sometime Brad. Glad you got the 600' thing worked out.

It took a little longer than expected but I signed the papers yesterday and we now own the land needed to keep the 600 ft. of runway we've been using.
In the spring we will work to finish the last 100 ft. to the east end, and continue to work on the 300 ft. on the west end. Probably see if we can cut a few more trees on the approach and departure for both 10 and 28.
I'll ditch off to the south side of the runway on the east end to dry it up a bit.

Side note:
The food is excellent at Sidnaw Eats( formerly Mom's Kitchen,Bill's Grill, Sunshine Cafe.)

Brad,

Be thinking about what you might need help with next spring. I am willing to head up for a few days or a week to help with what ever I can.

Brad,

Be thinking about what you might need help with next spring. I am willing to head up for a few days or a week to help with what ever I can.

Thanks Tim
It is so dependent on how wet the ground is as to when we can work on it.
But I'll let you know,besides you're welcome anytime.

So, Tim, when's the EYE get-together? Brad and Diz and Ed can probably make that one!

You talking about Ricks Boat Yard at Eagle Creek?

Yessirreee!

I seem to recall you mentioning that you wanted to put together a fly-in lunch, etc.

Then again, we have the holidays staring at us now...

Yep, just trying to mail down a date with the Misses. Busy time of year

Yep, just trying to mail down a date with the Misses. Busy time of year

Yeah, it may be better to wait until after the first of the year. Weather can definitely be iffy but nice days are REALLY nice. Might have to be a last minute "great weather forecast for this weekend so let's do it" type of event.

I'm game for an overnight. I hear the music/dinner/etc. at Rick's is a blast too. I believe there are numerous hotels in the immediate area.

I'm glad that the year has been a success, Brad. Definitely has been bipolar. We may be able to make our way up again one of these years.

Yeah, it may be better to wait until after the first of the year. Weather can definitely be iffy but nice days are REALLY nice. Might have to be a last minute "great weather forecast for this weekend so let's do it" type of event.

I'm game for an overnight. I hear the music/dinner/etc. at Rick's is a blast too. I believe there are numerous hotels in the immediate area.

Call me if you do, I'll be along, with or without the lady

I'm glad that the year has been a success, Brad. Definitely has been bipolar. We may be able to make our way up again one of these years.

Thanks Ted, hope you can make it, hopefully we'll have some extra runway to make it a little more twin friendly:wink2:
Although we have had some twins, a Baron, a Seneca,an Aztec,and a Grumman Widgeon in.
By the way got to fly the Widgeon a little, now that was awesome:yes:

Well gang the 2013 flying season at 6Y9 is in the books.
I pulled the cones this past weekend and soon everything will be turning white.
Amazing things have happened this past season. New friends were made.
The loss and then the regaining of 600 ft of runway.
I will be signing the purchase agreement this week for the 13.5 acres needed to retain the east 600 ft. and then add a little more.
Thanks to all that visited during the summer and to those who tried to make it and especially those 22 planes and there pilots to the 8th annual 6Y9 Fly -In.
Diz and I are looking forward to seeing everyone in 2014.:yes:
Fly Safe
Brad

I have the Deed in hand, done deal. 122 days till 2014 opening day at 6Y9,woo-hoo!!

Excellent! How much do you figure will get added as a result of this (in addition to retaining the 600 ft)?

I'll be up for Labor day, but I'm taking the blasted motorcycle this time!
Don't forget to get it fixed well in advance of the fly-in. If you come up through Marquette I might be willing to ride the rest of the way on my Hog. Since I like cyclists I have lifted the ban and you are permitted to visit the U.P.

The thing that honked my off the most was the repair the bike needed took about 5 minutes. Aaargh.

Excellent! How much do you figure will get added as a result of this (in addition to retaining the 600 ft)?

We will retain the 600 ft. with this purchase and maybe be able to add about 100 ft. more on the east end .

Will continue to work on the 300 ft on the west end.
Hopefully 3,000 ft. total when done. Lot's of dirt to push to bring that up level.
The D-3 Cat will be busy this summer.

Back