2012 Quotes

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
Just wanted to get this thread started, realizing that some of the best quotes probably can't be shared, since "what happens in Sidnaw stays in Sidnaw."

BTW, neither the Lady in Red nor Mr. 24 made an appearance this year!

"Is Hoppy's a particularly fancy place?" -- Lynn "Princess" Merli (I think she stole that title from Pete)

Hoppy's is a really fancy place. They will even give you a glass for your beer, if you ask for it!! Although I wouldn't know why you'd want one. :dunno:

Barb

On a recent trip..

... "We now know where all of Mr. Piper's Cubs went. They are all in Alaska, either on floats, or really big tires."

Edit: I did not realize when I clicked direct to the link, that this was part of 6Y9 fly in quotes.

As part of a circumlocution on what makes an airplane fly ... "Well, there's high pressure on top of the wing and low pressure underneath..." -David "Bernoulli" White

My favorite quote ... "Tim Winters is buying the first round!" :beer:

Thank you, Tim!! Wish you could have made it, would've loved to have met you. Hope your pup is doing well. :)

How about an "almost quote"?

I had made some signs for my plane and had a bunch of extra copies if anyone else wanted one or two. They were for Saturday's "public portion" of the fly-in and they read:

Please enjoy looking at this plane but please don't touch.
Planes can be dangerous.

Also, please don't let your children climb on, or hang from,
any parts of this plane as they could get hurt.

And if the plane doesn't hurt them, the owner might!

:)

(the big "smiley" was on the sign also)

How about an "almost quote"?

I had made some signs for my plane and had a bunch of extra copies if anyone else wanted one or two. They were for Saturday's "public portion" of the fly-in and they read:

Please enjoy looking at this plane but please don't touch.
Planes can be dangerous.

Also, please don't let your children climb on, or hang from,
any parts of this plane as they could get hurt.

And if the plane doesn't hurt them, the owner might!

:)

(the big "smiley" was on the sign also)
I could have used one of those signs. I walked up to a local applying a great deal of pressure onto my wing with his entire hand repetitively saying "is this fabric? it seems pretty strong!" People were pretty touchy feely in general moving flight controls around, etc. But that's the public :)

Nice Old Lady from Town: Oh... So you're one of the pilots that flew here this year??

David White: Yes. I 'm working on my Commercial certificate and I got my Instrument rating last year.

Nice Old Lady: That's nice dear... So does an Instrument rating mean you can fly without an adult in the airplane with you??

David White: :yikes: :mad: :rolleyes2: :mad2:

Nice Old Lady from Town: Oh... So you're one of the pilots that flew here this year??

David White: Yes. I 'm working on my Commercial certificate and I got my Instrument rating last year.

Nice Old Lady: That's nice dear... So does an Instrument rating mean you can fly without an adult in the airplane with you??

Nice Old Lady's name was Dawn, IIRC. She was drinking "water" from a mason jar, and was asked by numerous people it it was moonshine!

Now that's just funny! David, you ain't heard the last of that!

Hahahaha!

:goofy:
photostream

I fly all the time without an adult in the airplane. Pilot included! ;)

Hi Lynn -

I can't figure out how... but it's worth it. Right click and follow the link. lol And.... how do I post photos here?

LOL... that was a good one! Dawn was a laugh and a half. :goofy:

I use Photobucket for posting photos directly to the forum. Or you can just post the link and let everyone follow it. That would probably be easiest, since Photobucket is another couple of steps and then re-sizing it. :rolleyes2:

"Group shot"

and yes, WhiSsiS!!!!

(ya had to be in the lounge for this untimely comment!):rolleyes:

If YOU did, I'd say "you wouldn't dare" (post it) but I KNOW better!!! :D:D:D

As part of a circumlocution on what makes an airplane fly ... "Well, there's high pressure on top of the wing and low pressure underneath..." -David "Bernoulli" White

No, no, no.... That's what makes an airplane LAND.

No, no, no.... That's what makes an airplane LAND.
Unless you're (soon to be) Master CFI David "Bernoulli" White! LOL

In all fairness, he hasn't started his CFI training yet, but I think we gave him a healthy respect for what he has in store for him! LOL

Sound like I missed a bunch of fun... And no I no longer have the Tiara. I gave it back.

I'll see about getting you a replacement!!!

We did miss you btw.....

We might have missed Pete but with practice our aim will improve...

Now Clark that's what I like about your humor.
I do have a brand new AR-15 that I have not shot yet that needs sighting in. I'll bring it next year,we'll see if we can do the William Tell thing and pick off the replacement tiara off Pete's nogin. We're always looking for new,fun, activities at 6Y9.

We might have missed Pete but with practice our aim will improve...

Now Clark that's what I like about your humor.
I do have a brand new AR-15 that I have not shot yet that needs sighting in. I'll bring it next year,we'll see if we can do the William Tell thing and pick off the replacement tiara off Pete's nogin. We're always looking for new,fun, activities at 6Y9.

Uhhh I suddnly have something going on that weekend :)

Back