2012 Flight Hours??

flygirl34q

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
-
A friend on FB inspired me to total my hours for this year (he ended up with 109 hours) and I was surprised to have 125.9 hours with possibly one more flight planned for this year. What does your logbook say you've accomplished this year?? :D

My logbook shows minimum recordings required for instrument and day/night t/o-lndg currency. There's no requirement to keep a record of anything else.

I just totalled up my logbook.

Only 35.9 hours this year. Less than half what I flew in 2011. :(

39.6--how about we convert flight time to money instead! I'd bet we all wouldn't be as happy looking at that :(

30 with a flight scheduled for Friday.

I'm going to stop worrying about criticism from folks on this site I think.

Im not good enough at excel to figure how to add all my bi monthly sheets in my logbook up into a nice total. I'd say a little over 1,000 for 2012, averaging about 100 a month, slowing down a little right now though.

Not counting this year's flight training, about 7 hours as PIC (in C172 and C162) and loved every minute of it :D

Would have to look, but somewhere around 400 hours. That's about the best I can manage with how busy I've been working my real job this year.

How much with the autopilot off?

Enough. Every flight I fly some and my skilz are tight...with and without a FD. I know my plane very well, to the point that I can hand fly VFR level looking outside and know I'm still on altitude without looking inside.

Enough. Every flight I fly some and my skilz are tight...with and without a FD. I know my plane very well, to the point that I can hand fly VFR level looking outside and know I'm still on altitude without looking inside.

:confused:

I'm not questioning your skills, but that is "interesting". How can you tell and maintain an altitude in a big jet without looking at instruments? :dunno:

VFR for me means + or - 1,000', unless I'm flying 1,000' AGL. :rofl:

:eek:

:confused:

I'm not questioning your skills, but that is "interesting". How can you tell and maintain an altitude in a big jet without looking at instruments? :dunno:

VFR for me means + or - 1,000', unless I'm flying 1,000' AGL. :rofl:

:eek:

Same as in a cub or any plane. Refrence the horizon with the glare shield. Works like a dream. I do glance down every now and again...maybe once every 20 sec or so IFR...minute or two VFR.

Pretty much 300 on the dot, about 290 of which were done between January 1st and July 16th. Since taking the new job my flying has gone to about zero, although much of that has been because of the new addition to the family, combined with lack of engines on the 310. That seems about right since I was doing 500-600 hour years.

Next year will probably be in the 100ish (maybe get up to 200 hour) range. That'll probably be about 25-50% personal flying and 50-75% Cloud Nine flying. Since this year we only did around 8 hours of personal flying, it will be nice to get that number up and get to flying places as a family and finally use the plane because we want to. I'm not keeping my hopes up too much for hours, though, and that's just fine with little baby here.

146.8 hours so far this year...may be able to add a couple before January 1, but the WX isn't cooperating at all...

Probably in the range of 50 hours this year. No long trips this year (bought two more farms in the past 18 months so doing the one arm paper hanger routine)
BUT: I fly twice a week, most weeks.
Most flights are 30 minutes (roughly) so I get in a ton of TO&L in the year.
Most flights include at least one crosswind takeoff or landing unless the wind is beyond controllable.
Probably every other flight includes a steep 720 (looking for the bump) or a stall of one variety or another, or slow flight, whatever. I don't do much just flying in a circle.
This last flight, 4 days ago, was from the right seat and was a cross wind TO&L with Vlad the Impaler in the left seat. Going to do that again this Sunday.
Not all low hour flying involves low currency/skill levels.
Not all 200-300 hour bore-a-hole across the country flying does much for the other parts of handling the plane. (not casting aspersions here, just the facts ma'am)

As always, it depends on the individual pilot.

28.8HRS and counting! This is since I started in July working towards my PPL.

Solo'd at 11.2 Hrs and Solo XC'd at 26.1Hrs. Crossing my fingers for a checkride around 40-45 hours.

TTD:745.4
YTD: 96.5
XC: 64.5

New Airports: KVAY,KTTA,KPXE,KJKA,KMQY,KCRW,N40
New States: Georgia
New Aircraft: Diamond DA40
Fun Flights: Beach runs just about every weekend during the summer! We also made our one big trip of the year to BAC Fest 2012, Gulf Shores, AL.

I didn't do any dog rescues this year. Mary and I really want to get back into Mid-Atlantic English Springer Spaniel rescue flights.

57.6 for the year.

Hoping to do some genealogy with my wife and use the airplane for this travel this year.

I should be right around 75 hours with the flight back home today.

Slightly more than 50 with 20 in fixed wing and the rest in helicopters including a couple of dual cross countries, night flights, and 3 hours solo. Not as many as I was hoping for but better than many past years.
Maybe I should go for a hamburger run this weekend!

Around 150 almost all in the KA; little time in the 58P because of getting the engines redone. I do at least one long trip a month. Also, had 16 hours in the sim this year for KA initial and baron recurrent.

Best,

Dave

I keep forgetting to look at my logbook and sum them up for this thread. Relatively unimpressive, however.

53.0 so far...hopefully I'll get a few more in before the year's end.

Started my training this summer and 20.6 hours to date. November and December were months that I rarely flew, so maybe January will see me up in the air more. Hoping to checkride by late spring or early summer...

40 hours for me -- a little below average for me and less than a third of last year. But I did accomplish my other flying-related goals: AGI, IGI and commerical written.

50.2 hours, far below the average; BUT 1001.1 total hours, went over 1,000 hours.

about 800 is a C150; 190 in Ercoupe; 10 in Fly Baby

670.8 for the year. Probably double what I flew the year prior.

294...263 since June. First part of year was busy with "life!

28.3 since April, with hopefully a couple more to be added this weekend.

Not a lot, sure wish it was more... but a significant improvement after racking up 0.0 in 2009, 2010 and 2011!

Back